Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Hugs {From all of Us}

 

Hello and welcome, friends! I'm sharing a bright and colorful card today with some fun new products from the Hearts and Roses Collection by Waffle Flower! There are so many fun products and I'm hoping to share a few more projects with you before the month is over! This card was so fun to make and would you believe it if I told you it was made from 100 percent white cardstock with the exception of the black sentiment strip?


To begin this design, I die cut the frame using the Heart and Frame Die and added some red ink over the top using a blender brush. I then trimmed a piece of white cardstock to place in the center of the frame so I could add the fun "HUGS" pieces. 

These are also included in the Heart Frame Die and I die cut it 6 times. I'm going to tell you how I SHOULD have made this card, not how I actually did, because it will save you some time! LOL! I had originally only planned on using the outer portion of the HUGS piece with the stitched detail, but once I saw how cute the colorful letters looked popped back inside the negative space, my entire card design took a turn!

I used 5 different inks to ink up each of the rectangles. You'll want to leave the letters intact if you can. (I had punched them out because I didn't know I would be inking them). By inking up the entire piece, you'll be left with all the different colored letters that you'll need to assemble the card. I had to go back in and do them one at a time, which was therapeutic, but a time sucker! ha ha! I had fun putting them back into place using liquid glue. It was like putting a puzzle together where you already know where the pieces go! LOL!

The 6th set of letters will need to be left white so you can color them the exact same as the first set on the lightest pink panel. I layered these twice so I could add the Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top easily. I only did it on those select letters and then added the heat embossed "From All Of Us" sentiment, which is from the new Happy Birthday Combo, underneath to place emphasis there. I used my favorite White Embossing Powder on this sentiment to get a nice result. I'm obsessed with the big Happy Birthday sentiments included in that set, so don't be surprised if you see one of those on a card in the next few days! ha ha!
I added another sentiment to the inside using the Sending Love Sentiments for some added detail and well-wishes!
This was a really fun card to make and is already going to a family that has COVID running rampant through their house! UGH! I'll be sharing some fresh floral inspiration tomorrow! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

So cute and fun!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie!❤❤❤

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my gosh Kelly, what a wonderful card! This will brighten the family’s spirits for sure. I can totally relate to what they’re going through and I’ve already said a prayer. 🙏😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Well, aren't you just the sweetest?!?Thank you so much!!❤❤❤