Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {LOVE-you are simply splendid}

I'm thrilled to be over on the Pinkfresh Studio Blog today sharing this little whisper of Spring! I'm so happy it's finally been snowing, but for those of you who are wishing for Spring, this one is for you! I chose a cool color palette which is so typical of Spring; from Robin's Egg Blue, to shades of Lilac and Lavender, this card was a joy to create!

This is one of those card designs that I already had been putting together in my mind, so all I needed to do was create all of the different design elements and put the idea in motion! To begin, I die cut the small wreath from the Leafy Wreath Die Set 8 times from white cardstock and then added Fresh Pear ink to 4 of the wreaths and Grassy Knoll ink to the 4 remaining wreaths. I also added some Grassy Knoll ink splatter to the wreaths and then glued them together using liquid glue. 

While those were drying, I die cut the flowers using the Lovely Blossoms Dies. I picked a few of my favorites rather than die cutting all of the flowers. I used my mini MISTI to do all of the stamping using the Lovely Blossoms stamp set.  I maximized my time and put all of the leaves into the MISTI at the same time and started with Fresh Pear ink. Once that was done, I put both the leaves AND the stems of the flowers in with Grassy Knoll ink. All that was left at that point was to add the different colors to the flowers! It really  made great use of my time and I was able to get them stamped lickety split!

Next came the letters which are die cut using the Heather Uppercase die set. I really wanted these to look like speckled eggs, so I added some Ocean Breeze ink over the top of the white letters and then added Mermaid Cove ink splatter.

The background was created by die cutting the Essentials: Diagonal Stitched Plaid die from a panel of white cardstock and then again using the Ornate Banner Die Set. I added some Ocean Breeze ink around the edges for a hint of color. I also created a frame to go over the top of that by using two of the pieces from the Ornate Banner Die set. They just nest inside of each other so you can create a frame. I added the darker Mermaid Cove ink around the edge and added it to the background piece using liquid glue. 

That entire background banner is adhered to a top folding A2 card base using foam squares. Once that was done, I was able to add all of the different design elements using foam squares. The "You are simply splendid" sentiment, which is stamped in black, is from one of my favorite stamp sets called Modern Layered Floral. You could easily make this into a Valentine's Day card by using traditional red and pink with lots of pretty blooms! 
Thanks for fluttering by!

 

4 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I’m always amazed and grateful that you explain top to bottom, how you create your cards. You have a wonderful imagination and vision. Your letters definitely have the Speckled egg look and the whole design turned out beautiful. I LOVE it! ( couldn’t resist). I hope your day is just as beautiful. ( love your quote for the day😷). 😊💖

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty soft colors for spring and I love the layering!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Stephanie! You're so kind!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!