Monday, February 1, 2021

Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale { Bold Blooms}

It's February....a fresh new month filled with all sorts of possibilities and of course, Valentine's Day! I hope you all had a great weekend! We got a skiff of snow, which always freshens things up! I still have yet to work on any winter cards, which I will have to remedy before things start to warm up! How about you? Have you gotten all of your Valentine's Day cards made/sent? I still have some packaging projects that I hope to work on!
For this week's Ink to Paper Flash Sale, I chose to use the beautiful Bold Blooms stamp set to create this set of Thank You cards. This week's sale will run from the time the Papertrey Ink newsletter is sent until Wednesday at 4 PM, ET! This week's sale will include:


INK: Pale Peony, Raspberry Fizz, Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Fine Linen, Smokey Shadow, Plum Pudding

CARDSTOCK: Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz



I made two cards using this week's featured products; one pink, one blue! The flowers and leaves are all stamped using the Bold Blooms stamp set. I decided to make all of the leaves coordinating colors, rather than green for a different look and feel!
I always like to do all of the die cutting for the focal images first and get them all stamped using my Mini MISTI. Once they were all stamped, I grouped them in stacks of the different images so it would be easy to assemble the cards.

The next step was to get the backgrounds created for the two cards. I used my Gemini Junior to die cut the Herringbone backgrounds as it cuts these intricate backgrounds so well! I love how easily the die cut pieces punch out! I glued them to a piece of white cardstock measuring 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches that also had coordinating ink around the edges. 

Once I had the backgrounds glued together, I added the frames and the pierced center portion, which also has some ink around the edges. I added some ink splatter to each of the two cards using the coordinating ink.

And then comes my favorite part...the floral arranging! I love using my pretty piles of stamped pieces to start adding to the card!

The sentiment, which is also from the Bold Blooms stamp set, is stamped in black onto a white strip of cardstock and then notched at the end. I added it to the card front using additional foam squares.

I added some glitter and sequins, of course! ha ha! These will get tucked in my growing stash! I mailed out 3 cards this past week, which is always my goal...to actually USE the cards that I make! I need to do better, though! Have a wonderful week and thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

Pam said...

Very soft and pretty colors. Inspired by the way you use your dies to give such a beautiful layered effect. I'm still working on Christmas tags and cards but Valentine cards are on the agenda too! I haven't made any winter cards either and I sure have the supplies to make that happen but what project to do first??? Now it's February! Anyway, love your creations and can't wait to see what you do next!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're so sweet! It sounds like you're having a lot of crafty fun!❤❤❤

Pam said...

I have a question for you regarding Pinkfresh ink pads. What do you do to combat the "dots" from the ink pad onto the acryllic stamp? I never get a solid layer of ink on my stamps and I do love their ink. Any suggestions? I use my misti but I have to ink up my stamp 2-3 times to get a really good impression. Thank you!

Kelly Lunceford said...

My only suggestion would be to "condition" your clear stamps before you use them, especially the solid image stamps. I have a white eraser that I rub over my stamps before I use them. I know others that just run them over their jeans or shirt to get that "factory coating" off of them. One thing about Pinkfresh Studio inks is that they may appear splotchy, but they dry smooth and even. I have to do a few impressions as well, especially if they're large solid stamps, or if my inkpads are too dry!🙈

Stephanie Clapper said...

Love your designs, especially the Pink! I think I’m in a pink frame of mind these days, maybe because it’s almost Valentine’s Day! What a beautiful way to say “thank you”. 💖💖

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I love Pink!!❤❤❤ have a wonderful day!