Friday, March 8, 2019

SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Blog Hop! This is such a fun hop where all of the SugarPea designers use the new release products again to share some fresh inspiration! I'm head over heels with all of the New Release products, so today I chose to use the fun set called Tutti Fruitti paired with the adorable Elephant Parade. I wasn't quite ready to put these cute critters away after I made THIS card, so I used them again! Before I dive into the details of today's design, you'll want to make sure you stop by the other designer's blogs and give them some love and enter to win a $20 dollar gift certificate to the SPD shop!

Stephanie

Guest Designer:
Noga Shefer


My friend and I put together a "sunshine" themed gift to give as a birthday gift for a friend. I wanted to make a yellow card to give her as well. I knew that the Tutti Fruitti set would be perfect for this! I created a citrus inspired background using Distress Oxide inks; Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, and Mustard Seed. I spritzed it with water and shimmer spray and set it aside to dry. I felt like I could actually smell lemons and limes when it was done! LOL!

I die cut the Large Striped Coverplate out of white cardstock and glued it over the top of the ink blended panel. I stamped the "stop what you're doin' " sentiment in black ink directly onto the blended piece. That sentiment as well as the "Happy Birthday" sentiment in the oval are both from the Elephant Parade stamp set. 



I stamped and die cut the cute bunnies and banner and added them around the lemon. I think they look so cute with this larger than life lemon! 

The finishing touch is a trio of rainbow gems from Lucy's cards in citrus hues. I love the sparkle they add to the design! Thanks for fluttering by!


25 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun card! Love your beautiful ink blending, and those bunnies are just adorable!

lifesabeach32940 said...

What a CUTE card!! Love everything about it!! How CHEERFUL!!

Karthikha said...

Super sweet adorable card in yummy yellow :)

Shari Czerwinski said...

aww super sweet! Love the gradient background!

~amy~ said...

oh my CUTE!

Sue D said...

So cute with the bunnies and lemon and the sunshine colors.

Dee Earnshaw said...

sweet card - love the background sponging:)

Lagene said...

Sweet lemony bunny celebration card, love the design!

Mirella said...

Awwww how adorable, I love these bunnies carrying a giant lemon! :-)

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful card.
Love the shading in the background.
The die cut is so pretty and the
little bunnies with the fruit are
darling. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fantastic card! Love the panel die background!

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable card! Love those cute little bunnies!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love that die background! What a gorgeous set! I love this card!!!!

sharon g said...

GREAT colors on this card. LOVE THE BUNNIES

Heather said...

Very cute! Love the bright happy colors!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a wonderful card! Love the bright and cheery colors!

Gayle Bartholomew said...

Great design on this card, Kelly. You did a wonderful job on the "lemony" background and those bunnies with the giant lemon are just the cutest.

NinaS said...

Sweet card. Love the little bunnies and bright colors.

Mrsfish02 said...

Love the look of the cover plate over the blended card. These bunnies are too sweet. The color of this creation really makes me long for Spring. Is it out there?

Claire Broadwater said...

Kelly, this is the sweetest card! I love the bright yellow background and those little bunnies are adorable!

Lee said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet card!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Great card mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Michele K. Henderson said...

I just LOVE how sweet these little bunnies with the big lemon look! SO cute, and it really reminds me of spring! Love the pretty green and yellow color combination too!

Sue Smith said...

Such darling little bunnies. Fantastic job doing the ombre coloring for the background. Terrific card. TFS

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What a great card! I love those cute bunnies and the fun colors you used. :)