Thursday, March 21, 2019

Happy Birthday!

 Hello friends! I'm over on the SugarPea Designs Blog today sharing this bright and colorful birthday design! I know I've been lamenting quite a bit lately about the fact that I don't have very many cards on hand, which is rare for me! I'm literally making them as fast as they are flying out the door! This one, however, doesn't need to go anywhere anytime soon, so I am excited to add it to the stash! 
 I can't seem to stop using the Elephant Parade stamp set, because I love it so much! It is so fun to use the cute little images to create all kinds of scenes! I had purchased the CarnivalScape SugarCut a little bit before the new sets were released in hopes that I would use it during the release, but I never got around to it!  I decided to pull it out to set the stage for today's card!
 I die cut it out of white cardstock,  as well as a panel using the Card Front Element Builder to create the rolling hill. I did some ink blending using Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink. I layered them using foam squares to give a lot of dimension. With a card like this, dimension is key, and helps to give the card the perspective element that helps it look more realistic.  I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment in black for a bold look. Once that was all done, I was ready to get to work on the cute little critters.
 Since I've used this set so much, I felt like I kept using these cute bunnies in the same way, so I decided to give them a little spring in their step and get them moving! LOL! I stamped them in black and then die cut them using the coordinating Elephant Parade SugarCuts.
I used even more foam squares to pop these elements even more to give them the look I was hoping for! I layered the white panel onto a piece of red cardstock that had also been die cut using the Card Front Element Builder. The blue striped piece is from the Spots and Stripes Brights Patterned Paper pad and is also die cut using the Card Front Element Builder. 


The images are all colored using Copic markers. I also added some Wink of Stella to the ball, the Ringmaster's platform, and the bunnies shirts. Of course I couldn't resist adding a layer of Crystal Glaze over the top of the ball for a more realistic look. In fact, the ball ended up being my favorite part of the entire design. A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this festive design! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: