Saturday, March 30, 2019

Saturday Showcase {Lilies of the Field}


Hello and welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Saturday Showcase! Today a few of us are sharing some projects using the wonderful Lilies of the Field stamp set! I've never used this set before so it was a lot of fun getting all of these beautiful spring blossoms inky! I don't think there is any occasion or time when flowers aren't appropriate, which makes them perfect for all types of cards! I did a large quantity of stamping to create quite a few projects that I've been needing to make.

 I actually had to go buy a sympathy card the other day because I didn't have one on hand. I needed a Get Well card this week as well, too, but ended up sending flowers since I didn't have time to make one! So....that is the fuel for today's post; my sincere need for a few types of cards.
To begin, I got to work die cutting all of the pieces using the Lilies of the Field die collection. I used my mini MISTI to stamp all of the images. At this point, I didn't have an end game in mind except to get some cards and tags made. I chose to make half of everything pink and half yellow for some variation.


The final result is 4 cards and 6 tags (one didn't get photographed) which are desperately needed in my stash! For the cards, I used 4 of the amazing sentiments from the Expressions of Empathy stamp set. The thing that I like about these sentiments is that they "fit" for so many different reasons; sympathy, a rough time, sickness, etc. I like that they stretch far beyond "get well soon" and "with sympathy".

The sentiments are all heat embossed on vellum using gold powder for a warm feeling. I picked a color scheme and theme and used that for all of the projects. It is so much easier to get a lot of cards done at one time when you don't have to stress about different colors.

I decided to keep the backgrounds easy and use  Bitty Big: Harvest Gold and the Bitty Big: Pale Peony . If you can't tell, I REALLY like using these papers on my projects! LOL! I used the Shape Shifters: Oval 1 as the backdrop to add the flowers and sentiments.

Each card is unique, but cohesive. I didn't make any two cards alike and just had fun putting things together!


The Ink Colors that I used for the flowers are: Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz. I had googled images of lilies and these were two of my favorite combinations.


Once I had made the 4 cards, I had quite a few flowers remaining so I made a set of tags. I always love to have tags on hand as well to package up a quick thinking of you gift or some goodies.

I used the Tag Sale #6 die to create the tags. I also added some decorative detail using the Round Off Edgers . I ended up by using both the positive and negative portions of each tag so that I could maximize the paper. I didn't originally intend on doing that so I ended up having some full tags die cut from the pattern paper.


The sentiments for these tags are from Friendly Flowers as well as Bitty Bouquets

Both the cards and tags are finished off with some sparkling clear sequins for shine. I'm so happy to have these projects made for those times when I need a quick card. It is times of grieving and sadness that you need to act in a timely manner and I like having these on hand! Thanks for fluttering by!

16 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards and tags! I've been on the fence about purchasing the lilies stamp set but I think you just pushed me off! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly I’m totally in love with your pretty cards and tags. I’ve had this set since it was released but I guess was waiting for the perfect inspiration to use them. Waa-laa! Incorporating the decorative edge portion on your tags, is genius and works out perfectly! What an awesome and easy idea. I love easy! I wish I could express my thanks for your generosity, better than a blog thank you, if I was a neighbor I’d bring you a big basket of your favs. :) Thank you Kelly- for sharing your wonderful ideas, what a happy way to start the day! Happy Saturday! :)

Nancy G said...

Kelly, your cards and tags are just wonderful!

amtribbett said...

Beautiful set of Cards and tags! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations. You pushed me over the edge as well.

Julia Aston said...

Gorgeous samples using this Lilies set Kelly! I've just ordered them after seeing all three of the DT's samples! Luckily I have the oval die and all the ink and paper colors! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

blaze said...

Kelly, you are a breath of fresh air! Amazing, crazy talent!

jan metcalf said...

Adore your color combination!! Kelly your designs are amazing! And I would also bring you a basket if I lived nearby, as you always gift others with your beautiful work! Kindness matters!

Donna Oates said...

So well done! Lovely be the colors you choose.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Donna!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much, Jan! You're always so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much for your kind words!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you, Julia! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by and your sweet comment!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Nancy! You're always so kind!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...you're so sweet!❤❤❤ Thank you SO much! I love having you visit and share your sweet comments!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Cindy! You're so sweet!