Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday Showcase {You make me So Happy} and a WINNER!

Welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Saturday Showcase where a few of us are sharing some bright and colorful projects using the Make It Market: Color Pop Butterflies Mini Kit! I don't know about you, but after the long winter, I am ready for some bright, fresh colors! The daffodils and tulips are starting to make their first appearance, but won't show their color for a few weeks now. I decided to make some box baskets, which I like to do this time of year, using all of the beautiful butterflies included in the kit. These are always so fun to fill up with little treats or small gifts and give to family and friends! Before I dive into the details of today's project, I'd like to announce the winner of my Giveaway I posted on Thursday! The winner is comment #6- Cindy Otto!!! Congratulations! Send me an email at kellyrory1@msn.com with your address and I'll get that sent out!
I made three of these box baskets; one in Raspberry Fizz, one in Hawaiian Shores and one in Spring Rain. I took my color cues from the printed butterflies that are included in the kit. These were so easy to die cut and then add to the papers that are also included in the kit. As you can see, I also carefully attached one to the handle using Scrappy Glue.

This angle gives you a little bit of a better perspective on how deep/wide they are. These are just simple boxes with a cardstock handle attached using glue dots. As usual, I use my "go-to" box design and just switch up the dimensions. These boxes measure 1 1/2 inches deep and 3 3/4 inches wide. They are about 4 inches tall, but you really can make them as tall as you need for your project. You can get an idea of how I  assemble a box like this in THIS post. Let me know if you need further instructions and I can always help out! I bent the wings slightly before I glued them down to vie them the appearance of being in flight; like they are flying off of the box!
The papers that are included in the kit are all neutral; some are browns and tans, and others are grey and black. I chose to use three of the gray/black tones to really give the butterflies a pop! These papers also work perfectly with the included stencils in the kit, which I didn't use.

 The sentiment is die cut out of black cardstock and is attached to the box using a 2 way glue pen. I tried using Stick It, but ended up getting frustrated because of the delicate nature of this die. The 2 way glue pen is definitely the way to go with this intricate die! The "you make me" portion is stamped onto the cute little banner die that is included in the kit.
I did trim the paper slightly so that it would fit the dimensions of the box and then added the butterflies and flowers here and there so it looked like they are taking off in flight! As I mentioned before, I kept the wings bent slightly to really give it a fun effect. 


I added a few sparkling clear rhinestones here and there for some sparkle and I plan on spritzing them with shimmer spray as well! I hope you've enjoyed today's post and as always, thanks for fluttering by!


7 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I can only imagine how pretty these are in person because they are gorgeous on paper. Or is that the net? Lol. Anyway, your boxes will be cherished! I always love that you take the time to share different ways to create & give. Tags, cards, bags & boxes. Oh my! Your goofy fan will sign off for now, but I seriously love your beautiful post. Thank you Kelly, hope your flowers bloom soon! :)

BarbaraB said...

They are gorgeous and colorful! The butterflies really do look animated.

Holly said...

These are just wonderful and beautiful! I'd love to make one for my niece who just found out that she is pregnant. I can add a cute baby outfit inside.
I dont know what the cuts are for the box. Could you possibly share when you have a chance? Thanks bunches!

Kelly Lunceford said...

What a fun idea! Although, these boxes aren't quite large enough for an outfit; maybe a onesie or bib. The front and back measure 3 3/4 and the sides and bottom are 1 1/2 inches. I provided a link in the post that will take you to another post that shows how to assemble a box like this. Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks for stopping by!❤❤❤

Holly said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Barbara!