Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Taylored Expressions NEW Designer Dangles!!

 Welcome friends, old and new! I am beyond thrilled to be here today sharing some fun and exciting projects! I had the AMAZING opportunity to meet THE Taylor VanBruggen from Taylored Expressions at Stamping Away last September! Not only did we get to meet, but we were seated across from each other so the talking and laughing was incessant and we bonded pretty quickly! She is absolutely amazing and I am so happy to know her! We have "known" each other for about 100 years back in the Splitcoast days, but to actually meet her was so fabulous! I bought a bunch of her fabulous products, including the Designer Dangles Kit after I got home! I had so much fun making a ton of earrings, so when she asked if I'd like to help launch her new set of earring dies, I didn't hesitate and said YES!!!! A million times, YES!!! I have 10 pair of earrings to share with you today, using a mix of all of the fabulous new dies, which you can see HERE! There are 3 new sets of dies, in addition to the ones that have been previously released! I had a ball creating all of these earrings that I am sharing today! These dies are called "Mixed Media" dies and are stronger than other types of dies that are most commonly purchased, which makes them perfect to cut through all of the different types of Craft Leather.
To begin, ALL of these earrings work up SO QUICKLY!!! You all know how much I love to papercraft, but these earrings are super addictive and you will make 100 pair before you know it! LOL! In addition to the new dies, there are new leathers to choose from as well!  I used the Craft Leather-Burnished for these earrings, in addition to the previously released Craft Leather Metallic Basics. They all mix and match so well!

This particular pair was created using the new Designer Dangles-Shape Shifter. This set includes quite a few shapes for ENDLESS possibilities. I am showing a very basic, but fun way to use them. The jump rings and Earring Wire are all available as well so that you can create every look that I am sharing today! 
This next pair is also from the Shape Shifter collection and used two of the different shapes that are included in the set. To create the folded piece, I simply ran it through my machine twice, once in once direction and then switched the ends and ran it through again so that I could get a hole on each end to create the loop!

I love how nicely these two leathers look together; you could dress these up or down, depending on your needs!

This next pair is an evolution of the previous pair! Let me tell you , your mind will start wanting to experiment with all the pieces. The top two pieces are pretty much the earring from the photo above, with the addition of the blue piece which if from the new  Designer Dangles-The Bigger the Better set die cut from the new Craft Leather-Colorful.

I just love the pop of color mixed with the two different metallics! As I was choosing different combinations of the Craft Leather, I tried to keep the scale of texture in check so that I didn't use too many of the same intensity or look.

This pair is also a combination of the Designer Dangles-Shape Shifter and Designer Dangles-The Bigger the Better. I used some of the extra pieces that I had left over from the first pair I shared to give these pink and white earrings a little something unexpected!



The pink is from the new Craft Leather-Colorful, and the white is from the previously released Craft Leather-Black and White. I ended up buying extra of all of these after I made my first run of earrings because they are so much fun and you will definitely want it! I don't know why I didn't think of it, but it has been popular to purchase two sets of the dies so you can make one pair of earrings at the same time rather than running it through your machine twice! Smart idea!


This particular pair used just the Designer Dangles-The Bigger the Better set and is pretty basic, but some of my favorites! These actually headed out the door the other day as they were tucked into a birthday gift for a deserving lady!

 This is a great example of what I meant when I said that you want to keep your textures balanced. This gives you three different scales and intensities to keep the earrings appealing!

I got a little crazy with this next pair and I wanted to experiment actually shifting the shapes, literally! LOL! This pair was created by smooshing and gluing one of the pieces from the Designer Dangles-The Bigger the Better. I simply used Scrappy glue to secure it and used clothespins while it was drying.


I thought hot glue would be the winner, but it didn't end up by holding, so I tried the Scrappy Glue and it worked perfectly! 

This next pair isn't winning any awards for creativity, but for style, I think they get an A plus! My daughter wore them to a function the other night and they looked ADORABLE!! So simple, yet sophisticated. These are created with the Designer Dangles-Shape Shifter set. This is also what the piece looks like that I used in the 2nd and third pair, just looped on those.

This pair is created using the 3rd and final kit being released today; the Designer Dangles-Free Flow! These are pretty straightforward as well and I didn't experiment with these as much as I'd like, but I love how easy they are and how they turned out!

I chose to bring in the bold stripes from the Craft Leather-Black and White mixed with some of the metallic leather. These could be dressed up or down!

These are another one of my favorite pairs. This particular design uses both the new Designer Dangles-The Bigger the Better as well the previously released Designer Dangles kit. The smaller cork piece is die cut using one of the pieces from the older set. It works perfectly to cut out the shape from the larger portion.

This is the final pair that I am sharing today, but I have plans to share a lot of other fun new designs as well. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I made quite a few earrings to give out at Valentine's Day; the entire school staff that works with my kids got a pair! I sent a few for my daughter to give to some of her favorite teachers at High School. I've been gifting them all over the place! 

They are the perfect thing to have on hand to give to family and friends! I'll share how I package them up in a future post if anyone is interested. This pair uses the new Designer Dangles-Free Flow and a mixture of the previously released leather as well as the new Craft Leather-Colorful. I had such a great time creating all of these earrings! Do you like what you have seen today?  Head to Instagram @kellylunceford to win a pair or two (or three) of your own! Thanks for fluttering by!

7 comments:

Sue D said...

Love these!

TeresaC said...

WOW Kelly!! Your earrings are really fun!!

Unknown said...

Please show how you packaged the earrings. They are really cute. I love your card designs also!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Sue! They are so much fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Teresa! I appreciate you stopping by!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I'll work on getting a post put together!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I promise this is the last comment for this morning! But you have so many pretty projects plus I think Blogger doesn’t like me. Lol, just kidding. I just couldn’t skip by these beautiful earrings without telling you how much I love them. I don’t wear dangles as much as I used to, but the materials could always be shortened. I didn’t know that Taylored Expressions offered so many different materials, like their “leathers “.FABULOUS post!