Friday, June 29, 2018

You've been on my mind {favor boxes}

I spent my Sunday afternoon creating these sweet little favor boxes for some friends. I was randomly inspired by a flyer that was hanging on the chalkboard behind the teacher in Sunday School! LOL! I sat and looked at it and thought: Pinefeather and Saffron Spice...I'm going to have to try that! I knew that I would forget once church got out, so I quickly created a reminder in my phone. Ha ha! I'm usually inspired by someone's dress or blouse at church, but by the time I get home, it is completely wiped from my memory as the kids are begging for lunch and to be relieved of their church attire! LOL!


 I decided to make a little collection of favor boxes using the Favor It Box 1 Die. This die has been in my "new" basket for a shamefully long time! If you've been reading my recent posts, I am working my way through my unused new stamps and dies! It is so nice and I am having loads of fun!
I made 7 boxes in total. You can get two favor boxes from one 81/2 by 11 piece of cardstock, which is always nice. I thought 6 was too few, but 8 too many, so 7 is was! LOL!

I thought that the Friendly Flowers stamp set would be the perfect set to use for this color combination, AND...I have only used this set once on THIS card, and if you read my last post, I like to use my new sets at least twice before I put them on their shelf! LOL! 

I assembled each of the boxes and then just had fun adding all of the stamped flowers and buttons. I used glue dots to add the buttons and foam squares to add to the flowers and leaves to create some visual depth and interest.

The sentiments for each box are heat embossed in gold to add to the warmth of each box. I also spritzed them with shimmer spray because I just can't resist!

I'll be filling these up with some  candies and some little lotions from Bath and Body Works in coordinating colors! These were so fun to make! 

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your little gift bags/boxes are adorable! An unexpected but gorgeous color combo.

Vicki Finger said...

I always love your designs!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I do the same thing as you do w/your new stamps basket. Since my crafting area is an air conditioned room my hubby built in our garage, my space is limited. So I put my new stamps together on a hook, which is a wall unit. After which, they are filed away. So I loose track of my newer products too. But doesn't it make for a nice surprise? Your favors are so PRETTY! You have that special touch, where everything you make is magical. I love your style, SO MUCH. Thx so much for sharing!