Monday, June 18, 2018

Merry Monday #295 {The Sweetest Chrismtas}

It's so good to be back with a card for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge. I took two weeks off and it feels like it's been forever!  

This week Marcia has challenged us to use the inspiration photo for our cards! I love the green and red peppermints. I usually do a lot with red and white peppermint stripes for Christmas, but I love the addition of the green! 
I'm loving how bright and summery my Instagram feed is getting, so I decided to keep with something "Merry and Bright"! Ha ha! I chose to use the fabulous pattern paper from the Shakers and Sprinkles Kit for my starting point, so I took all of my color cues from there. So...I made Raspberry Fizz and Simply Chartreuse peppermints. Aren't they cute? 



All of the images are from the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set. It is one of my favorites! To begin, I die cut the sequin print paper using the Shape Shifters: Oval 1 die. It was the perfect backdrop for the trio of circles. The sentiment circle is stamped in Hawaiian Shores ink and then the sentiment is stamped in black. I used a circle punch to punch them out. They are adhered to the card using foam squares for dimension.


I added some clear sequins here and there and was about to call the card done, but it seemed like it was missing something. I decided to stamp a pair of candy canes from the same set in Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores ink. I used the Candy Cane Christmas Die set to cut them out. I tied them up with some Pure Poppy Baker's Twine. I was hesitant to use this color since there isn't any other red on the card, but I think it looks just fine since the red stripe is so thin. The oval piece is adhered to an A2 cardbase with another piece of the pattern paper from the Shakers and Sprinkles kit. The whole things is spritzed with Frost Shimmer spray for some fun detail.  I had so much fun making this card! I hope you'll join us this week! It's always so fun to see your creations in the gallery. Thanks for fluttering by!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sweet, Good Enough To Eat!

Kathy said...

this is sweet and cheerful, love the colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your jumbo candies, Kelly! So fun atop the dotted label and the gold rays behind look fabulous!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! What a fantastic card! I mean it when I say, you're SO CREATIVE! Who would have thought to use the shape shifters in the Shakers and Sprinkles PP! Beautiful and colorful, I love your design! (OK- this makes 6 Exclamation points! Lol. ) Happy Monday :)

Leanne said...

Another fantabulous card, love the colors and the shape, awesome photo skills as well, ;) Way to go love it. Hugs, L:)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Leanne! You're so sweet!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love all of your exclamation points!!!!! Ha ha! Thank you so much! You're always so kind!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Linda! Big hugs!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Linda said...

What a fun, awesome card, Kelly. Hope you are having a great week.

JoAnn said...

Love your fun card Kelly. Great color combo.

Notes by Nina said...

I love your fun creative card, the colours and layers are fantastic.