Sunday, June 24, 2018

Seas the Day!



I've been dying to get these little creatures from the new Salt Air: Fauna stamp set inked up! I wasn't assigned these particular stamps for the release and I was so busy I didn't get a chance to ink them up! They are soooooo much fun! To begin, I sponged some Peacock Feathers Distress ink onto a panel of Bristol paper. Once it was blended to my liking, I added some flecks of the same ink at full strength mixed with water. I also spritzed it HEAVILY with shimmer spray!

Once that was dry, I used the Window Works Die to cut out a window. I thought that this particular die looked like a seashell or something from the sea! It is the perfect place to set the scene for this pair of Seahorses. I stamped them in two shades of pink for a fun and whimsical look.


You can see how cute they looked nestled into the opening. I had actually used these on a pair of cards that I will be sharing soon as well, and I just wasn't ready to put them away just yet.

I paired the seahorses and shells from the Salt Air: Fauna set with the coordinating Salt Air: Flora stamp set. I didn't want the scene to be too busy so I chose just a few colors.

The sentiment, which is from the Salt Air Sentiments, is heat embossed in silver for some extra shine and detail.

I went a little crazy with the clear Nuvo drops, but I love the detail and whimsy they add to this underwater scene! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love anything ocean but would never have thought to bring in pink (because, as you know I still struggle with pink) but you did it beautifully!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I love your Nuvo drops & your card is LOVELY! Your palette is so pretty. May I ask you for some advice? I sponge ink on my cards, often. I have no trouble with the PTI inks. But I'm having trouble working with the Distress inks, getting an even and smooth look. Even on Bristol. And most especially when I try to achieve a pastel look. Could it be that my Distress inks are new? I would be grateful for any help. :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

First of all, I want to tell you thank you for all of your many sweet comments! You know how to make my day! I'm sorry you're having trouble with the distress inks. I do have one bit of advice....blend in a circular motion and begin blending slightly off your paper first ans bring it in slowly. The first pounce of the ink is the heaviest so I leave that on my scratch paper underneath. Continue to blend in like this, but always do a first pounce on your scratch paper. Let me know if you get better results. It also could be that they are super juicy and new like you mentioned.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Thank you so much. I think you're right in that my pads are new and full of ink. I've done a lot of practicing and have lots of sponged paper to prove it! Lol.I do dab off on scratch paper first and use a circular motion. But I'm guilty of NOT coming into the paper. Plus I noticed how heavy handed I am. My PTI pads don't have as much ink so I need to practice a lighter touch. I'll keep trying & let you know. Thanks again Kelly, for all your help. You're very kind. :)