Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tuesday Ideas {You make me Happy!}

I'm over on the Precious Remembrance Shop Blog today sharing this fun and festive vintage inspired design! I didn't want it to scream Independence Day, but I still wanted it to have some patriotic charm!

I'm a sucker for paper accordion medallions and if you used to be one of my regular blog readers a decade ago, you probably can remember my addiction! LOL! It was fun to pull this detail back into the rotation for today's design! To begin, I stamped the long polka dot strip image from the Little Things stamp set using red ink onto a Kraft card front. I used my MISTI so that I could get it nicely saturated! Once that was done, I did some zig zag stitching using my sewing machine. 

I got to work creating the accordion medallions from a circus paper pad that I used for my littlest son's 2nd birthday party. I just love it and the muted tones are just perfect for the look I was hoping to achieve. The "good times" and "remember this" sentiment pieces are from the This Moment stamp set. I just love the heart and star detail that these images offer for today's design.

I also used the "You make me happy" piece from the Paper Snippets: Happiness and attached that to one of the medallions as well. I sandwiched a mini white doily between the Kraft card front and the Aqua base for additional vintage charm.


A few buttons finish off this design! I hope you all have a fun and safe holiday tomorrow! Thanks for fluttering by!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. Have not made flowers in so long.

Migdalia said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty rosettes!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I love this Kelly! Gorgeous card!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Julee!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I hadn't either but they are always so much fun!