Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Ink to Paper Organization Week {Cardstock}

Hello friends...and happy New Year's Eve! I hope you all had wonderful Christmases and that your hearts are light! I've taken a crafty break, as you've probably noticed, to spend time with my family and enjoy this special time! That being said, nothing says "New Year" quite like some fresh organization and inspiration to get things started off right! Today I'm sharing my organizational strategies for cardstock and a few other types of papers that we all probably have in our stash!

I'm one of those people who craves organization (having 5 kids challenges this craving) but I like being able to visually see what I have so that it doesn't get neglected or forgotten about. I was so lucky to procure these awesome paper racks YEARS ago when the local scrapbook store I was teaching at went out of business. They are perfect for my personal needs: out in plain sight, neatly organized, holds a large quantity of product, and creates visual harmony and appeal! Who doesn't love rainbow, right?

These racks are on the right hand side of my desk, so I can easily reach for the color I need or play along with different combinations as I peruse the colors. I've labeled the rack by each color of cardstock with the color name. I organized the colors pretty closely to the swatches on the website, so it isn't necessarily "rainbow order" but it sure looks pretty! The neutrals, including vellum an acetate are on the bottom left.
Please note, I removed the scraps from the top of each stack for photography purposes, but when I have a scrap, I place it back into the slot so that I can use that up first if it is the correct size for the project. I know some people have a separate bin or folder for scraps, but this personally works best for me.

I've had these IKEA shelves for years as well, and they are the perfect fit for so many crafty products. I love using magazine storage boxes to house my Bitty Big Pattern Paper and the folios of other pattern papers that are included in the Make It Market Kits

Since these papers are 8 1/2 by 11 or smaller, they fit perfectly into the storage boxes and are easy to reach for when I need them. The scraps fit nicely into the folios, but if they slip to the bottom, they don't get lost or damaged in the box.

This storage box holds my collection of Bitty Big pattern papers. I don't own all of the colors, so this one box is perfect. As my collection continues to grow, I will just start a new box. These pattern papers come shrink wrapped in plastic with a color name label at the front. I like to keep the bottom of the pack still in the plastic so that each color is contained and the scraps are easily contained. Because of the "job" part of my creativity, it is important for me (and for you) that I let you know the EXACT products and colors I am using, hence my need to keep scraps organized and tidy!
This is a project that I made in 2018 for one of my Traveler's Journal features that you can read about HERE. I have swatched cardstock, ink and felt in this tiny book. I keep it at my desk within easy reach!

I posted this photo on my @kellylunceford Instagram page the other day because it made me happy and I was in the midst of getting this post ready! LOL! I have a few "favorite things" here that you may be interested in so I'll add some links! Here is the link to the "let's make the most of this BEAUTIFUL DAY" sign, made my my fellow teamie Melissa Bickford. It is the delight of my space and it inspires me daily! You can find it HERE.
My beloved "Craft House" mug is a treasured reminder from my stay at The Whatever Craft House and can be found HERE.
I received THIS from the dear Betsy Veldman and it is a new treasure just as she is! 
I hope that this post has helped you in some way to get your new year off to a colorful and organized start! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Kelly, what a bright and beautiful room to work in!! Love your organizational ideas. Thank you for sharing your creativity. I love your style. Have a blessed new year!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Nothing seems to make us crafters happy, as much as COLOR! Thanks so much for sharing a little piece of your crafty happiness! Following your blog has helped me so much throughout the past year. Thanks for everything and here’s wishing you and your family a happy & healthy New Year! 🥳

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love, love, LOVE your beautiful rainbow organisation!! Fabulous!! Happy New Year! Wends xoxo