Thursday, December 12, 2019

Ink to Paper December Countdown Day 2


Hello and welcome to day 2 of the Ink to Paper December release countdown! I've got A LOT to share with you today, so grab a cup of cocoa and get comfy! Many of you are probably busy addressing your Christmas cards while I'm busy making Valentines! LOL! I STILL have to get my Christmas cards sent out! ha ha!

This first card features the latest in the Inside Greetings series: Valentine's Day! It has the sweetest sentiments that are going to be perfect for both the inside and outside of my cards, like I've shown here today!

I'm also showcasing the new Border Bling: Hearts die and of course, I couldn't resist adding a few of yesterday's favorites: On the Border: From the Heart and the flowers from the Cup of Tea die collection.

I added some Pale Peony ink blending around the perimeter of the die cut heart border to give is just a hint of tint! I layered it onto a top folding A2 Pale Peony card base to allow even more color to peek through.

I'm obsessed with the border that I used at the top. I die cut it twice and glued it together with liquid glue. I added the flowers here and there for some fun detail.

The heart border was layered on top of a frame die cut from Pale Peony cardstock using the Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles. It's the perfect place to anchor the the border and adds that extra bit of depth and interest.

The sentiment is heat embossed in gold onto a strip of vellum and wrapped around the heart panel using tape to secure it. Please note, I did this BEFORE I added it to the card base.


You can really see the shine of the embossing in this photo; I love the elegant look of embossing!

I added a few sequins here and there for some sparkle and shine!

For those of you who have been waiting for a new addition to the "Tag Creations: Delightful Bunch" stamp/die set, the wait is over! The new stamp/die collection is called Tag Creations: Delightful Hearts! I used it to create the next two projects in today's showcase! 

The new die collection includes the base shape which allows you to stamp the three smaller hearts at the top and then there is a separate piece to stamp and die cut the hearts. The stamp set includes some cute new sentiments as wel as the polka dots to add to the larger heart as I did on this card.

The xoxoxox border at the bottom is from the Inside Greetings: Valentine's Day stamp set and I also stamped one of the other greetings on the inside, but didn't photograph that.

I added some additional hearts that were left over from the On The Border: From the Heart die and stamped them with the plaid image from the All About You set that was also showcased yesterday. All of these new products will be available for purchase starting on December 15th at 10 pm EST.

This next project uses the heart tag as an actual tag to dress up this Muslin Bag. I did some custom stamping on the bag as well! I used to stamp on fabric all time, so it was fun to work on this project!


I used the plaid stamp AGAIN (lol) to create a pattern on the bag using True Black and Pure Poppy ink. I also used another one of the Inside Greetings: Valentine's Day sentiments to add even more interest to the bag.

This will be the perfect thing to tuck a gift or treat in for Valentine's Day! This is one of those projects that feels special and personal, but is very simple to put together!

Last, but not least, is a fun card using the latest in the "Simply Sweet" series! I used it along with another new set called "Critter Love". To begin this card, I used yet another card front using the Border Bling: Hearts die. I layered it onto a white card base.


I created the tiny envelope using an old Martha Stewart envelope pattern that I just love. It was the perfect choice for the postal vibe I was going for on this card.

I added it using foam squares to the Mix and Mat: Postal die. I used another one of my leftover hearts to add to the front of the envelope. This was the perfect place to add the paper airplane that is included in the Critter Love stamp set. I added just a hint of blue marker to the image using a Copic marker.
I tucked in a little note to the envelope with the "sending" sentiment and then stamped the "lots of love" portion at the bottom. I also added a few of the die cut hearts from the frame for some extra detail.

A few sequins finish off this fun design!


I hope you've enjoyed today's showcase! Join me again tomorrow for Day 3 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

buzzn2scrap said...

Amazing cards! Love the 1st with all the flowers and the last with the postal die and airplane. Just awesome !

Stephanie Clapper said...

Kelly, you are amazing! These are beautiful projects, every single one! 😊❤️

Wanda Cullen said...

Love all your cards but that first one totally blows me away!!!!! Love everything about it and can see some things added to my wish list thanks to your enabling - lol!

blaze said...

Super sweet cards! All of them are DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: You always make such beautiful cards. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Dawn said...

Love your cards! Would you mind sharing the Martha Stewart envelope pattern you used?