Wednesday, December 11, 2019

SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek Week Day 3

Well, it's the 3rd day of the SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek Week which means we're halfway through! What's been your favorite so far? I'm particularly loving these new word dies,which are so much fun to create with! Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of my post so you can head to the blogs of the other designers to see what they've come up with!

For both of these cards, I die cut the white panel using the Card Front Element Builder and then added the hanging hearts using the Dangle Hearts SugarCuts using foam squares. This is one of my favorite color combinations for Valentine's Day, so you'll be seeing more of it, I can assure you! ha ha!  

The large die cut words were done using the Love Word with shadow and the Valentine Word with shadow. I used red lettering for the love card and teal lettering for the Valentine card. 
 
The "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment is from the new Sentiments of Love stamp set and is heat embossed in white onto a red strip of cardstock. I love using white powder on dark colors to really make the sentiment pop!

The "you with all my heart" is stamped in black onto pink cardstock. I added these directly underneath the die cut words to keep the sentiment flowing as you read it. I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there to give it some sparkle and shine! Thanks for fluttering by!

11 comments:

Holly M. said...

A pair of beautiful cards! This part of the release is my favorite too :)

Amy C. said...

What an awesome color combo! I love these new dies.

MadeByMeghanK said...

Beautiful color combo! LOVE IT!

Cyndi said...

Love those sweet cards. Great style and wonderful colors.

roni said...

Oh I love the different colors of the hearts!

Martha Herrera said...

A great showcase of cards using this fabulous release!
Love the Dangle Hearts Cover Plate.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: What an awesome card. You always make such pretty cards. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Mrsfish02 said...

Love all the color. This die is awesome...

Stephanie Clapper said...

When I saw the Hanging Hearts die, I asked myself- what would I create? Your imagination is boundless and I love your very colorful, very pretty post. ❣️

jan metcalf said...

These are adorable Kelly! Love the hanging hearts dies!

Renae said...

Great cards! I like the idea of changing the color of the dangles. Thanks for the inspiration.