Thursday, December 12, 2019

SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek Week Day 4

Hello and welcome to day 4 of the SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek Week! I think today might be my favorite so far! These cute robots from the new Love Machine stamp set are just so fun, especially paired with the Love Word with shadow that was showcased yesterday. 

I stamped out each of the images to color while I was doing some volunteer work at my boys' school. I knew I would have some down time based on the nature of the event, so I got to work coloring. There were quite a few kids that passed me while I was working on them and the comments were PRICELESS! "Why are you coloring?" "What are you coloring?" "But it's not even CHRISTMAS yet!" "You're really good at that!" My favorite was when I explained that they were Valentine's Day robots, and the kid that said," But it's not even CHRISTMAS yet!"

Once the images were colored, I used the coordinating Love Machine SugarCuts to die cut them. I set them aside to get to work on the background. I used the new English Bond Brick Wall Stencil and a gray ink pad to get the blended background. I left it white at the top where the heart is located to give it a little bit of added detail.

The heart is added to the stenciled background using foam squares. I then was able to add the different robots using additional foam squares. I added some Crystal Glaze to the "light bulbs" on their heads for some added realistic detail.

As you can see, I made two cards so I could use more of the cute images and two of the included sentiments.  I'm a sucker for punny sentiments.


As I mentioned earlier, I used the Love word with shadow, for both of these cards. These really add a lot to both of these simple designs!

The sentiments are stamped directly onto the stenciled brick background using  a MISTI for precision.

Join me tomorrow for the 5th and final day of the Sweet Peek Week when all of the new products will be available for purchase! Don't forget to stop by the other designers' blogs to see how they've used these cute images!
Vera Yates 
Thanks for fluttering by!

10 comments:

AndreaH said...

When I first saw your cards I thought the first one said babe on it lol. (Yes, I don't have my glasses on)

Great cards and can be used for any of my fa.uly members lol.

Thank you for sharing xx

Isabel Z said...

Oh my goodness, these images are too cute!

Amy C. said...

These robots are so cute! The brick stenciled background is neat also.

MadeByMeghanK said...

Stunning background! I LOVE that brick stencil! Great coloring!

Renae said...

These cards are adorable!!! Fun new release!

Cyndi said...

Adorable cards. I love the colors -- the red really "pops." The brick wall stencil is wonderful for projects year round.

Martha Herrera said...

LOVE everything about your card. That brick background is definitely on my wish list.
Thanks for sharing.

sentsue said...

These are so sweet. Perfect with the new love die!

sharon g said...

Oh, the doggie is so cute!!!!

Susan Y said...

Love all the adorable robots in this set! Cards are all super sweet!