Friday, December 13, 2019

Concord & 9th December 2019 Release



I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer for Concord & 9th this month! I'll be sharing projects using all of the new goodies from the December 2019 Release all month long! Join me each Friday for the rest of December to see how I've used the fabulous new products! 


Who loves sugar juju hearts as much as I do? Raise your hand! I used the new Love You to Pieces Dies and the coordinating Love You to Pieces stamp set to create this fun and graphic card! To begin this design, I did some ink blending onto a panel of white cardstock using Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink pads for a Valentine-y ombre effect. I layered that onto a panel of red cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches using foam squares.

I die cut the "LOVE" word twice; I intended to stack them up for a sturdy piece, but upon experimenting struck on this idea of lining them up side by side for a more whimsical feel. The sentiment is heat embossed in white onto a piece of red cardstock and then I die cut it using the banner die from the Love You to Pieces dies

The hearts are also die cut and then I added a layer of Crystal Glaze and sprinkling of coarse crystal glitter to create the juju jelly hearts of my dreams! Don't they look good enough to eat? My sister has a February birthday so she always got to take cupcakes to school decorated with hearts and sprinkles and I had a summer birthday so I never got to bring any cupcakes! LOL!

My second card also includes some juju jelly hearts and inkblending, but this time in a circle using the same colors. I forgot to mention earlier that I also spritzed them with a light mist of Shimmer Spray for some added sparkle. I used the large XO images that are included in the Love You to Pieces stamp set and my MISTI to get them nice and saturated. You can see that the ink doesn't stamp the same over the oxide ink so I wanted to get it as dark as possible and the MISTI allowed me to do that. The sentiment is heat embossed the same as in the first card, but I used the "all the hugs" sentiment because it just so darn cute! I hope you've enjoyed today's projects! Join me again next Friday for additional inspiration using even more new products! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: