Thursday, August 30, 2018

What's Brewin?

Hi friends, I'm over on the SugarPea Designs Blog today sharing yet another spooky design! I had so much fun during the release, but there was one idea that I wanted to try, but ran out of time. I thought it would be fun to have some die cut circles bubbling up from the die cut cauldron. So...that is where my design started and I'll share with you the rest of my process as well!


It probably doesn't come as a surprise that my idea also entailed the Darling Dragons Stamp Set. It is one of my favorites from the new release and I just can't seem to put it down. I stamped the dragon and bats and got to work coloring them using an assortment of alcohol markers. I used the Darling Dragons SugarCuts to die cut them and set them aside while I got to work on the bubbles.

For the bubbles, I used three different purple Distress Oxide inks to blend a small panel to die cut the circles. I used the three smallest circles from the Zig Zag stitched circle SugarCuts to die cut them. I spritzed them with water and Sparkle Shimmer Spray and set them aside to dry. I also die cut the bubbling potion using the Hocus Pocus SugarCuts from the blended panel. The cauldron, which is also from the Hocus Pocus die set is cut out of black cardstock and spritzed with shimmer spray.

I decided to use up all of the scraps I had leftover from the witch tags I made during the release (you can see them in THIS post at the bottom) for my background. I attached at wonky angles and then die cut the panel using the second largest Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle SugarCuts. I used the largest one for the card base using black cardstock. After I had all of the elements ready, it was easy to build this spooky scene. The sentiment is heat embossed on the medium sized circle using silver embossing powder. I also added some clear Nuvo Drops to the bubbling cauldron as well as the bubbles. I had a lot of fun creating this and executing my idea that I had. This is a perfect card to send in October that isn't necessarily a "Halloween" card! Thanks for fluttering by!


1 comment:

Jane Harrah said...

This is so cute! Love the bubbles!