Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Tuesday Ideas {I love School!}

Hi friends! I'm over on the Precious Remembrance Shop Blog today sharing this set of Back-to-School cards! It feels like I was JUST creating my teacher thank you cards! Time flies, I tell you! That being said, I have had such a fun time putting together baskets filled with all kinds of classroom supplies like Kleenex, sanitizing wipes, soap, glue sticks, pencils, etc. for my boys' new teachers. It is something that I enjoy doing and I generally bring them to Back-to-School night. I also included chocolate, gum, caramels, and lifesavers for the teachers for their survival! LOL! These two cards will be the perfect finishing touch! I used the adorable Little Things stamp set as well as the School Days stamp set-. You can see a few other projects that I've made with this set HEREHERE, and HERE.

I stamped the school bus image using Palette Noir ink and then colored them using alcohol markers. I also added some Wink of Stella to the windows and headlights for shimmer. I topcoat of Crystal Glaze gives them some realistic shine! I stamped the "I love school" sentiment onto a black rectangle using white pigment ink for a chalkboard feel.

The "A+" sentiment is heat embossed in gold and then punched out using a circle punch and attached to the card using foam squares. I stamped the polka dot strip using red ink and then added some machine stitching! I just love the extra detail that it gives! I hope you have been inspired to get your own school cards created for those special people we call teachers! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: