Thursday, August 23, 2018

SugarPea Designs Release Day 4-Make a Wish!

Welcome to Day 4 of the SugarPea Designs Fall Release! Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments the last 3 days! I appreciate them so much! It is fun to read about which new sets you are loving! Also, don't forget to head to the SugarPea Designs Blog to see what the other designers have come up with! 
Image may contain: text
Today, we are featuring the super cute new set called "Birthday Balloons" and the coordinating "Party Balloon" SugarCut. For my card, I really wanted to create an "UP" type card by having the balloons attached to these sweet little houses from the Around Town SugarCuts, but sometimes things just don't work out like we imagine! LOL! I did decide to keep the houses and use a few of the balloons because I still thought they worked well together!

No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.


I created the rolling hills by using the Card Front Element Builders and then attached the houses and trees, here and there! I also did some distress oxide ink blending to make the sky. The balloons are also stamped in oxide ink and then I used the heart overlay in white to make the heart balloon.

There are so many fun sentiments included in this set that I just love! I chose to use the "Make a Wish" sentiment stamped in black. I used some crochet thread to mimic realistic balloon string, but the set does come with a "string" image that is just perfect. I can't wait to use this set some more because it is so much fun! Thanks for fluttering by!

21 comments:

Jeanetta said...

Stunning card! Love how you created the scene with layers, colors, elements, and strings!

Sue D said...

Cute scene with these balloons.

Jane Harrah said...

Love the colors and the balloons look really sharp.

Parker said...

Like your use of the crochet thread to give the already great card even more greatness.

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Such a great scene! Absolutely darling card!

Lisa Reber said...

Adorable card, I immediately thought of the movie UP! even before I read your post!

sharon g said...

What an adorable scene. I love the village. It reminds me of England...England, here we come!

Becca Yahrling said...

Such a fun scene! Love all the dimension.
Great card, tfs.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What a beautiful scene! I love this stamp set and the sentiments look great :)

Cyndi said...

This is such a nice card. Great way to incorporate different products from this release. The colors and styles are wonderful.

Jen P said...

What a lovely little scene so beautiful and fun!

Karthikha said...

Lovely scene! :)

MadeByMeghanK said...

SUCH A FUN SCENE! I love what you did with the balloons!

Amy M. said...

Cute card <3

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your work is always spectacular.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a darling scene!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww! Lovely balloon card!!! Too cute!!!

Debbie Rumpza said...

What a darling scene... I love to see die based cards sometimes.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the scene along with the
balloons. Fun idea.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Nunzia Carusio said...

Beautiful scene for your amazing card.

Dana M said...

What a sweet and happy card! Beautifully executed.