Sunday, October 1, 2017

Feeling Blessed

Happy October! Thanks for joining me today! I've got an exciting announcement to share with you as well as another new football game inspired card! To begin, I'll share my fun news...I'm the newest member of the Design Team for SugarPea Designs ! I've known for quite a while that I would be joining the team in October, so I'm happy to finally be able to share the news with you. You can see my introduction HERE on the SugarPea Designs Blog! I'll be sharing some new designs with their images very soon!

I needed an encouragement card for a friend and I just couldn't resist creating another "football game" inspired card like I did yesterday. The mountains above my 7 year old's playing field were magnificent and very inspiring. It was raining and cold, but it made for a beautiful sight. To begin, I stamped one of the leaves included in the Meadow Greens stamp set multiple times using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks directly onto a panel of Kraft Cardstock. I turned the stamp to create the look of falling leaves.




You can see how the colors of the mountainside directly reflected my color choices for the card. By using Oxide inks, I was able to keep the crispness of the colors even though they are stamped onto the Kraft cardstock. The base color of the mountainside looks exactly like the cardstock, so that is where I got my cue. 
Once that was done, I embossed the "is the one who trusts in the Lord" portion of the sentiment in gold. I am seriously addicted to gold embossed sentiments. I just love how professional it looks. The "Blessed" portion is die cut 4 times from SU's "Always Artichoke" cardstock and then glued on top of each other. You can find the Blessed stamp set HERE and the coordinating die cut HERE. I love how versatile these supplies are for many occasions. The stacked piece is added to the card front using glue and then I added some Wink of Stella and a coating of Nuvo Glaze over the top.
While the glaze was drying, I got to work stamping a trio of die cut leaves, using the Meadow Greens Die set. I knew that I would be using a white card base, so I wanted a few of the leaves to have a white border to freshen the feel of the card. They are attached to the front using foam squares. I also gave them the illusion of falling leaves and was very deliberate in the placement.





I mentioned earlier that it had been raining at the game, so I added some clear Nuvo drops here and there to mimic the feel.  A few gold sequins are added here and there to bring in a little more gold to the design. I added the entire focal panel onto a piece of rust cardstock which is added to the white base using foam squares for dimension. Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Ardyth said...

SO thrilled to welcome you to the SugarPea team! Looking forward to working together!