Monday, October 9, 2017

Merry Monday #260 Bits of Holiday Magic!

Today's Merry Monday Challenge is a sketch challenge, which is always fun! Usually the hardest part is deciding which images to use, but in this case, it wasn't hard at all! Two Feet Deep still remains one of my favorite holiday stamp sets of all time! It has made an appearance in one way or another in my holiday projects since I bought it! 
                                                  
I just love today's sketch because it lends itself to so many possibilities without being too cluttered! Didn't Debbie come up with a fabulous sketch? You can see the rules and details of the challenge HERE as well as see what great designs the other gals came up with! 

To begin, I die cut the sled image and then stamped the brown wooden portion and heat embossed the metal details using silver embossing powder for a more realistic look. The greenery piece is attached to the sled using foam squares. I used the trio of snowflake images that are included in the set and stamped them repeatedly in white onto a piece of Kraft cardstock. I just love how the Fancy Flakes Dies are the exact same design. I used one of those on the side next to the sled.



Once all of the snowflakes were stamped and dried, I added the sled image on top. This is adhered to a piece of music patter paper that I just love using this time of year. I created a similar card YEARS ago using this same paper and stamp set that you can see HERE. Just by changing up the colors and a few details, you can really change the feel of your design!






I layered everything on top of a red card base for some nice definition. There is a secondbutton snowflake nestled down in the die cut snowflake for some added interest as well.





The sentiment is stamped in white as well and then added to the card using foam squares. A few sequins finish it off with some added sparkle! I hope you get a chance to play along this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

16 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Another gorgeous card! You just knock it out of the park each week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your take on the sketch, Kelly! Your sled looks amazing & the music paper adds the perfect touch!!

Linda said...

Awesome card, Kelly. Hope you have a great week.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

All around LOVING this card. SO pretty Kelly!

Lady Joyful said...

Gorgeous card Kelly! Such a great take on the sketch and so pretty.

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh I really love this one! Just perfection. Love that music paper mat and the snowflake embellishments and of course the sled!

Marcia Hill said...

A simple sketch but your card is filled with SO much detail Kelly...absolutely LOVE it!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

JoAnn said...

Great use of the sketch. Love the embossed sentiment and all the details on your card.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such pretty layers and oh that sled!

Robyn Oliver said...

Super card Kelly

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Kelly, I love the colours and papers and the layers are fantastic.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! The sled looks fabulous! Makes me think of growing up in upstate NY! Thanks for the inspiration!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Stunning in every way!!!!!!!!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

After last weeks PHENOMENAL card, and now this stunner, YOU are a cardmaking rockstar! This is fab with the layers, the sled and carefully chosen and placed elements...I am in AWE!

I can't wait to see what you have made for tomorrows challenge!!!!

Victoria Rowson said...

Beautiful card!

Debra said...

I've missed so many of your posts lately but such a treat to log back in and see you've been busy posting! I love this card with the sleigh and the colors go perfectly together.