Saturday, October 28, 2017

Inspired by All the little Things #70 {Blessed}


I am completely honored to be the Guest Designer over at Inpired by all the little things this week! It is one of my favorite challenges and totally represents me as a designer...I'm always inspired by all of the little things in life! I was blown away by the gorgeous inspiration photo and couldn't wait to get started! Autumn has nearly taken us to November -the season of Thanks-so I decided to create a couple of Thanksgiving cards to mail out next month!

Before I get started on the details of the card, I couldn't resist sharing this photo of my now 4 year old! When I saw the inspiration photo, it totally reminded me of this photo shoot I did with him when he was about a month old! Ok...now on to the card!


To begin, I sponged Peacock Feathers distress ink onto a 4 by 5 1/4 inch panel of Bristol paper and blended it, concentrating on the center for a more saturated look, and worked my way out to the edges. I love that gorgeous turquoise blue represented in the photo. I had just ordered the Mix and Mat; PInked Edge Die and knew it would be perfect for today's card.


I die cut the entire piece from my favorite Kraft cardstock and then used Copic markers to color in the leaves. I love using color on Kraft cardstock...it creates new tones that are just lovely! Each leaf was brushed with some Wink of Stella for some shine. I adhered the leaf panel onto the sponged card front using foam squares. After that was done, I added a few Bright Gold Nuvo Drops here and there between the leaves for some added interest. I really liked how the bubbles in the cocoa on the inspiration photo looked, so I added them in my own way.

The sentiment is die cut twice out of "Gilver" glitter paper using the Inspired: Blessed die cut and then glued on top of each other. The other portion of both sentiments (I made two different cards) is heat embossed using gold powder onto a strip of mustard cardstock using the Inspired:Blessed Mini Stamp Set. It is such a perfect little set for so many occasions, but especially around this time of year.

The "Blessed" portion is glued into place using Tombow Mono Liquid Glue directly onto the mustard sentiment strip. The sentiment strip is added to the top of the leaf portion using foam squares for added dimension. The entire focal panel is adhered to a mustard A2 card base for some added definition. I hope you get a chance to play along this week! With such a beautiful photo, it's hard not to! Thanks for fluttering by!



7 comments:

KimCreate said...

Kelly, this card is gorgeous. I hadn't seen this die, it's so pretty and perfect for the challenge! Your photo of your little boy is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things.

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE this in kraft! Perfect shade of blue to go with it too!

Debra said...

This is an absolutely stunning card and there are so many things to love about it! Love the pinked edge Die and the leaves are so nice cut out (or in) the middle. Great colors too, and the dimensionals bring great dimension to the card. So nice! Thanks for sharing!

Magic Flying Boots said...

Wow, stunning card, really beautiful!

Jen xx

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on being featured at Inspired By All the Little Things! Your cards are beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Silke Ledlow said...

Welcome on being our guest this week Kelly! Gosh, I remember how I adored you back on Splitcoaststampers....and here you are with another fabulous card! Love these PTI dies and of course your take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for joining us!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Kelly! Love the colors and fabulous design! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Inspired By All The Little Things!