Sunday, October 29, 2017

Give me something good to eat!


It's the final countdown to Halloween and I still have so many things I need to make! I snuck snippets of time here and there to get these finished! I haven't made treat bags like this for a few years now, so I was excited to revisit them. I don't even remember the technical name for them but I'm 100 % certain I saw them on Splitcoast Stampers IONS ago...or maybe SU!?!? 

Anyway, they are always a fun way to showcase pattern paper. I ran to Hobby Lobby to replenish some ribbon I ran out of for another current project I am working on, and spotted this paper and I knew it would be PERFECT for bags like this!

 These will most likely be heading to the secretaries at my boys' school. I have plans for what I will be giving to the teachers, which I will be sharing before Halloween as well. The green tags were created using a few retired PTI stamps...some of my favorites. The spider web is stamped in black and then the creepy spider is heat embossed in silver. I sponged some Simply Chartreuse Ink around the edges for some definition.

The "trick of treat" sentiment is heat embossed in silver onto True Black cardstock. I really love how professional and polished a heat embossed sentiment looks.

The accordion medallions are created from some black and silver glitter specialty paper that I found at Hobby Lobby as well. It was hard to cut, because it had handmade qualities to it, but in the end it actually worked well for the medallions so it didn't tear at the score lines. I often have a hard time with paper tearing when I make these medallions.




2 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Spooktacular treat bags!!! And how sweet of you to give treats to the secretaries at school! So thoughtful!!!

SueB said...

how sweet is this!?