Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sugar Pea Designs Mix it Up Challenge #36 {sending you a flurry of warm wishes}


I'm super excited to be over on the SugarPea Designs Blog participating in this month's fabulous "Mix it Up Challenge"! I decided to use both sides of the challenge! I thought that the newly released Flurry of Warm Wishes would be the perfect starting point for today's design! The portion with the smaller snowflakes has been heat embossed using white ink onto Bristol paper and then sponged using an assortment of purple inks to try and capture all of the hues represented in the inspiration piece.
The larger snowflake is heat embossed using some "Magic Dust" embossing powder that includes some shimmery purple that was the perfect touch for this design. 
As you can see, I took a few liberties with the sketch and decided to add a strip of Spots and Stripes Pastel paper on the edge. To add even more dimension, I cut an edge using the "Sweet Incentive" this month called Stitched Border I die. I think it gives it a nice touch! I hope you get a chance to play along this month! It's still not too late to get some Halloween projects finished and this challenge is PERFECT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute and I love the colors for holidays!