Friday, October 27, 2017

Birthday Celebration Blog Hop for Wendy Ramlakhan

Surprise! Happy Birthday, Wendy! I hope you are having a fabulous day! For those of you who are joining me today, WELCOME to the Birthday Celebration Blog Hop for Wendy! I had so much fun creating my card for her and I'll share with you how I made it, but first, I just want to take a moment to thank Wendy for allowing me to be a part of her fabulous company, SugarPea Designs, as a Design Team Member! I have already had SO much fun!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text
Here is the list of the designers participating in the hop! You won't want to miss checking out what they have created! If you came here from Kaja's blog, then you'll want to go to Kerin's next!




For my card, I started by heat embossing the Mandala image onto a 4 by 5 1/4 inch sheet of cold pressed watercolor paper using clear embossing powder. Once that was done, I added dye ink using a sponge, starting with red in the middle and working my way out in rainbow order.



Once that was done, I tape the piece to a mat board and spritzed it with water to get the colors moving. I just love how this looks! After it was dry, I spritzed it with Shimmer Spray for some shine.

While that was drying, I die cut the "You" sentiment using the You Sugar Cut 4 times and glued them together. I added some Wink of Stella over the top and then added a coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze for some shine. I just love it turned out.

The "Happy Birthday to" portion of the sentiment is heat embossed using white powder onto a strip of black cardstock for some dimension.

The sentiment strip and "you" die cut are added to the card using foam squares for some depth. The  watercolor panel is added to a white piece of cardstock  for a nice clean border. The whole thing is adhered to a black A2 card base for some added definition! A few jewels added here and there finish the design off. Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Stunning. Love it. Happy birthday Wendy

Viki Banaszak said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors!

Lesley said...

Love it!

Kelly Lunceford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra said...

Beautifully done Kelly!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this amazing card and that gorgeous background! Happy birthday Wendy!