Saturday, September 30, 2017

Happy, Happy, Happy Halloween

I've been itching to create a Halloween background for a few weeks now and I got the perfect inspiration last night at my son's football game. The sun had almost completely set and I looked out at the horizon and decided to snap a picture. I will share the picture further down in the post so you can see it. Last year I only made ONE Halloween card using this same Spooky Smiles stamp set. You can see it HERE. I thought it would be fun to use these same sweet images to highlight the spooky background.
The background is blended using an assortment of Distress Oxide Inks to achieve the look I was hoping for. I spritzed some Shimmer Spray and water over the top and set it aside to dry. In the mean time, I die cut the tree and fence using the  Spooky Town: Yard dies. I glued two of each die cut together for a more substantial piece. I popped them up using foam squares and I REALLY like how they created shadows onto the blended background for a fun effect!
I stamped all of the images from the set using my MISTI, but only ended up using the ghost and kitty with a few other fun additions, like the candy corn and hat. Once they were all colored with Copic Markers, I spritzed them with shimmer spray as well. The band around the hat, the candy corn, candy and kitty's bow all got a coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze for some added shine. 
Once all of the elements were created, I assembled the card using foam squares. The sentiment is heat embossed using silver powder. I really like how it turned out. 






You can see my inspiration here. I didn't enhance this photo at all, so it is a little dark, but I just LOVE how it looks. The colors in my card ended up being brighter, but I like that, especially with the "cutesie" stamps.



The blended background panel is adhered to a black A2 card base for some contrast. I also added a few Sparkling Clear sequins for some added shine (it really didn't need any more) LOL! I just love how it turned out! I hope to get more Halloween cards made this year since it is one of my favorite holidays! Thanks for fluttering by!

p.s. I have been keeping a little secret for a while now so stop by tomorrow when I spill the beans! EEEp!

No comments: