Friday, October 20, 2017

SugarPea Designs Release Week: Christmas Tag Greetings and Tinsel in a Tangle

Welcome to the final day of the SugarPea Designs Holiday Release! I have had so much fun sharing all of the new products that will be available! Today I have a lot to share with you, so let's get started!!!

The team is showcasing a few new sets today, the first one that I will be sharing with you is the new Christmas Tag Greetings (link below). I knew that I would FOR SURE be making a traditional tag set with the images as well as the coordinating tag die, but my mind also couldn't stop thinking how cute a quilted card would be using these amazing new six pointed snowflakes. This card was super fast and easy to put together, just like a quilt block, which is another passion of mine! 
No automatic alt text available.
For my next project, I thought it would be fun to use all of the images from the Christmas Tag Greetings set to create a little hostess gift. Wouldn't it be fun to give this to your Thanksgiving host/hostess? Or to the hostess of an early holiday party? 
To begin, I die cut 9 Snowflake Tags using 3 of each color; red, white and Kraft. I used the same stamping recipe for each tag; stripes at the top, trees at the bottom, gold embossed stars in the middle and of course Santa's sleigh across the top. This is an easy thing to do when you are mass producing cards or tags.

After I had stamped all of the tags, I got to work stamping each of the cute sayings included in the set. I cut a swallow tail from each side and attached it to the tags using foam squares. There are 6 fun sentiments included, so for the last 3, I just used the snowflakes as embellishments.
The box measurements were made after I made all of the tags. I wanted to make sure the box would be deep enough and narrow enough so that the finished tags would be visible through the die cut window. The sentiment that I used on the tag on the outside of the box is from the previously showcased set called Eskimo Kisses

I threaded each tag with black baker's twine as well as a cute red jingle bell. They usually have them every year at the Dollar Tree and I pick them up as soon as I see them. They make great additions to tags and gifts!

Here is a closeup of one of the tags and the super cute sentiment. As you can see, I needed to change up the color schemes depending on what color of cardstock I was working with, but I still kept everything cohesive with the layout.

The tags without the sentiments have a large snowflake in the center as well as a little sequin attached to the center. If you are interested in a pattern and tutorial for the box, just leave me a comment letting me know. 




No automatic alt text available.
My next card uses the new Tinsel in a Tangle stamp set. I thought a peppermint twist look would be fun to make. I am also giving you a super early sneak peek on this fabulous edger die as well. My mind is already thinking up oodles of ideas using it!

To begin, I colored the penguin and ice cube image using Copic and Prismacolor markers and then used the coordinating Sugar Cut (link below). The white panel is cut and then sponged with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and a few of the coordinating snowflake images stamped here and there using the same ink. The sentiment, which is included, is heat embossed using silver powder onto a strip of red paper. The entire focal image is adhered to a white card base with two strips of red Spots and Stripes pattern paper to really enhance the peppermint feel!
Thanks for fluttering by! You can stop by the rest of the team's blogs for more amazing projects that highlight these fabulous new sets!


26 comments:

Judie said...

What awesome festive cards! I LOVE the tag box and tags!!!

bev p said...

I think I might die from the creativity here! The tags are great, but to put them in a box with a tag shaped window? Overachiever status! My favorite is the first one. I have a sister newly into quilting and I am so going to use this idea to create her card! Thanks so much.

Cindy Otto said...

I love your tags! I like to make little gifts to give and would love a tutorial for the box. You are so creative! Thanks for sharing.

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, so many gorgeous creations today! I love the
design of the first card; the tags are awesome (as is the box!)
and the 2nd card is so adorable & pretty! Love the design & colors.

Stacey Kowbel said...

So many fabulous projects! Your first card is wonderful - I love the quilt design of it!

Dee Earnshaw said...

love these cards - the images are delightful:)

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my goodness !! All your creations are just so beautiful !

Unknown said...

SO many great projects - where do I even start!!! I love the way you used the Santa stamp on your card. Your penguin card is lovely. I could go on, and on . . .

Iris said...

Such bright, happy projects.

Kim said...

Adorable gift tags.

Viki Banaszak said...

Wow! yOU REALLY WENT TO TOWN WITH THIS SET! Oops. LOL

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, you are super creative!

Jean said...

Fantastic designs! Beautifully crafted!

Mary-Anne V said...

What wonderful projects...love the box of tags!

Robin P said...

You have created wonderful projects with these two stamp sets. Everything is so cute.

JoAnn said...

Two gorgeous cards Kelly, and I love your darling tags. TFS

Unknown said...

What wonderful projects. I love the idea of the tag gift box.

Jenny said...

Great cards and tags!

Vonmariedesign said...

Your cards and tags are so beautiful!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow - your projects have blown me away!!

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful and festive projects!!!
These products are awesome for stunning Xmas creations!
Thanks for sharing!!!

~amy~ said...

These are absolutely WOW!

Izzy Scrap said...

Just WOW ! Your rock with all these wonderful projects ! How creative you are ! Thanks so much for all the gorgeous showcases along the week and for all the great inspiration !

lritchie said...

Wow, someone has been busy, great projects all of them!

Valerija said...

Beautiful projects! Great job!

Deborah Kaye said...

Your cards are wonderful! I love the square one especially!