Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Taylored Expressions {NEW} Designer Dangles

It's always a good day when you get a chance to help Taylored Expressions with the new Designer Dangles launch and release! I've had a ball creating 7 pairs of earrings to share with you today using the three new Designer Dangles series! If you stop by regularly, then you know how much I love these! I'm beyond thrilled with these 3 new die collections! This is perfect timing for you to make earrings for Christmas gifts!
I'm pretty sure Taylor read my mind when she created these Pinch Me Designer Dangles! Back when I helped with her last launch, I desperately tried to create these trendy earrings by flipping the The Bigger the Better shape upside down and cutting the holes myself. Let's just say it didn't work and I ended up throwing in the towel! I was delighted to see that I could create these "on-trend" earrings  with these new dies!


These earrings are a bit trickier than the other ones to assemble, but let me share some tips for make it easier! For these particular earrings, I die cut the Silver faux leather from the larger of the two dies and the pink is from the new Trendy Colorful leather collection.Once I had them cut, I took a long straight pin from my pin cushion and threaded it through the holes exactly as they are pinched in this picture. Once that was done, I used my needle nose pliers to open the jump rings and thread it through the holes, exactly where the pin is. The pin holds everything in place while you are threading so you don't end up losing your "place" so to speak!

This pair is made from the same set of dies, but used the mustard color from the same collection as the first pair {linked above} and the gorgeous cork from the Craft Leather-Metallic Basics . 
Let's talk about the earring presentation for a moment, shall we? Once again, Taylor read my mind! I've been making my own backers to attach the earrings, but now....professional presentation! This new die is called Designer Dangles Earring Card and is amazing! If you are planning on gifting the earrings you create, then this is an absolute must-have!
Next up is a SUPER fun new set of dies called Designer Dangles Modern Mix and Match. This one has SO MANY possibilities; the sky is the limit! I made two pair of earrings using these dies, but honestly, I could have just kept going! If I'm really being truthful, I could have just kept going with ALL of them! They are so much fun to make and so addicting. They work up so quickly and the different combinations of leather make it so much fun!


You'll want to be thoughtful about which pieces you use where, for instance, you'll need to connect the ones with two holes, and some only have one hole, like the pink circles at the bottom. Starting out with a plan with these is definitely recommended! ha ha!

I had a ton of fun deciding which color of cardstock to use for the earring cards as well to really complement the earrings!

Here is another pair using these same dies. These use the new mustard color leather and some of that beautiful cork.

You'll notice on this pair that the triangle pieces only have one hole so they need to be thoughtfully placed. The half circles and small cirlces have two, so they can be placed in the middle of your design.
These last three pairs that I am sharing with you today use one of the easiest of the three die collections to use and they are called Designer Dangles Go Round. These worked up so fast, it was amazing! This first pair uses the new 100 % Wool Designer Felt Leopard and it is amazing! It is so lightweight, but looks so luxe paired with the gold flecked cork!


This next pair uses three sizes for added texture and color. I just love how these turned out!



This final pair uses three sizes as well and uses the grey color of the Leopard leather. I didn't get a chance to use ALL of  the new leather, so make sure to check it out;

I'll be sharing even more earrings in the coming days/weeks as I prepare Christmas gifts! Thanks for fluttering by!











2 comments:

Sandy Kay said...

These are all so gorgeous, Kelly! I've been dying for Taylor to come out with some more earring dies ever since her original die release! I am so excited - I ordered them ALL & the display card die!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Wow Kelly! I’m always amazed at your beautiful earrings, what an outstanding job you did! An awesome collection and your earring cards too! Perfect for Christmas!!👏😊