Sunday, November 3, 2019

Ink to Paper Holiday Create-a-thon Day 3

Hello and welcome to day 3 of the Ink to Paper Holiday Create-a-thon! This month a few of us will be creating and crafting using many of the previously released stamp sets and die collections to show you lots of fun new ways to use them! I won't be participating EVERY day, but I'll be popping in quite a bit so stay tuned! Today, I am featuring the super cute Tag Creations: Delightful Bunch that is so much fun! Every year I give caramel dip and apples to my kids' teachers and this is how I decided to package them up! I wanted to create something reminiscent of the brown paper bags with handles that you can get in the produce section. 

I ended up by making 6 of these since the caramel dip comes in a package of 6. I die cut and stamped everything assembly line style to get these done as effectively as possible! To begin, I die cut 6 of each piece in the die collection. I set everything together in their respective piles so that I wouldn't mix up any of the wood "slats" that make up the bushel baskets. Once everything was cut, I used the coordinating Tag Creations: Delightful Bunch mini stamp set to stamp the wood grain, the leaves and the apple outlines.

I also heat embossed all of the sentiments using Silver embossing powder onto the cute labels. I used each of the sentiments for a good mix, but this one is probably my favorite!

I used a green Copic marker to give the apples some depth and dimension; nothing fancy or fussy, just quick and easy! I looped a length of Pure Poppy 5/8 inch Satin Dots Ribbon onto the tag and then tied a bow of Rustic Cream Button Twine around the ribbon for some added texture and detail. My husband did my grocery shopping for me and I had shown him the pictures of last year's project, that you can see HERE, but he bought me Granny Smith apples instead. I actually loved mixing things up with the green apples so it all worked out! It gave me an excuse to use all the pops of red!

To create the boxes/bags, I measured the width of the apples as well as the caramel cups and figured that 3 1/4 inches square would be perfect, but I ended up making the height 3 1/2 inches to give some extra room for the cute tags!

I attached a quick handle using leftover pieces from the box/bags and used Scrappy Glue to attach them to the inside. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I can actually lift the box by the handle without it tearing or ripping. I wasn't planning on that, but it is an added bonus! I hope you've enjoyed today's projects. Thanks for fluttering by!


3 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Love this presentation for the apples - so beautiful and professional looking!

Kathy Mc said...

Kelly, these are adorable, and no doubt your kids' teachers love this thoughtful gift. You are an amazing creator of all things made of paper and then some.

Conniecrafter said...

oh my goodness is that ever to cute!