Saturday, November 9, 2019

Ink to Paper Create-a-thon Day 9

Hello and welcome to Day 9 of the Ink to Paper November Create-a-thon! Today Melissa and I are showcasing the amazing Tag Creations: Modern Gift and the super cute Holly Jolly Holiday Stamp Set

To begin these gift card holders, I die cut two from Kraft cardstock and two from Rustic White cardstock. I also die cut 4 tags using the same cardstock assortment using the   Tagged and Labeled die cuts.

I stamped the sentiments in black onto the tags and then added a Holiday Mix Vintage Button Collection to the center of the "o" in HOLLY and added a red sentiment strip with the "to the" portion of the sentiment embossed in white. I also added the red bows that are die cut from the Tag Creations: Modern Gift die collection using liquid glue.

I put on a few different Christmas albums and got to work die cutting all of the berries, sprigs, and leaves in assembly line fashion! I layered the poinsettias using foam squares for added dimension between the layers and then adhered the centers using liquid glue.

The red "bow" that looks like a wrapped packaging was added to the gift card bases using liquid glue as well. Once I had all of the pieces die cut, It was time to get these put together!

I added the tags first using a foam square directly over the hole in the tag on the underside. After that, I added the poinsettia directly above the bows on the tags. From there, it was easy to just add in sprigs, berries and leaves here and there until I was satisfied with the composition.

I've mentioned before that I am 100 percent certain that this is not the way to "tuck" the tab for these gift card holders, but I just love the arced top that it gives to them. The tab is supposed to fold around the back and slide into the slit, but I like it this way. You obviously can do it however you would like. 

Once I had everything arranged and secured to my liking, I used a 2 way glue pen to add glue here and there so that I could add a sprinkling of coarse glitter. I just love doing this on my winter and Christmas projects for added sparkle and shine and to give it a snowy look.

I was tempted to add some white "splatter" to these like I did on THIS project, but decided it might look too busy with the glitter as well.

The thing I like about this particular gift card holder is that when you open it up it has the tabs so you can slide the gift card inside easily, but it also has a hole so you can use this as a tag to accent a gift if you so desire!

I had so much fun creating these 4 gift card holders and they have now been added to the ever-growing Christmas stash! With Christmas fast approaching, I keep imagining how nice it will be to have so many options of tags and cards to accent all of my gifts! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Christy Bray said...

These are so inviting! I would love those to be under my tree!!!

Luanne said...

I give lots of gift cards to my children and grandchildren for Christmas. This has given me some wonderful ideas for dressing them up! Love the glitter too!

jan metcalf said...

Delightful gifties Kelly!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Your creations are always beautiful and festive, it puts me in the mood for Christmas tree trimming. You’ve been an amazing inspiration all year for holiday crafting, in every color I might add. I think you’re the Queen of Christmas tags! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas & for all your hard work. 😊❤️