Thursday, November 21, 2019

Ink to Paper November Create-a-thon Day 21 & Inspired By

Hello and welcome to day 21 of the Ink to Paper November Create-a-thon! My card is also playing double duty for this week's Inspired By Challenge. The stamp sets that I am highlighting today are Garden Party and the fun Confetti and Streamers. I wouldn't necessarily think of these two for a Christmas design, but I had so much fun transforming them to use on this festive design!

Because my assignment was to use the two sets I linked above, I used the lights, colors, and patterns as my inspiration. 

To begin, I stamped the Confetti and Streamers image at the top of the red panel and the bottom using Scarlet Jewel ink. Once that was done, I die cut the To Die For Sentiments: Christmas three times out of black cardstock and glued them together using a fine tip 2 way glue pen.
I layered that onto the stamped red panel using the same glue. I added a light coat of Wink of Stella over the top for some sparkle.

I die cut and stamped the banner twice and added that to the red panel using foam squares and trimming off the excess length of the banner. I also added the strings of lights using liquid glue. I didn't add the Nuvo drops until I was finished with the card.

The "this holiday season" sentiment, which is from the Season of Joy stamp set, is heat embossed in gold for some shine. I added it over the top of the banner using additional foam squares. I layered the red panel onto a top folding A2 card base for some definition. Once that was done, I added the gold and red Nuvo drops and let it dry. This was an unexpected design, but I had fun putting it together using the photo as my color inspiration! I hope you get a chance to join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Andre M. said...

This is a fab way to adapt a party theme to Christmas while using a traditional palette. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

cropmom66 said...

Love the bright red! Your cards are fabulous!!I especially love the colors on the card with the gray paper. Beautiful!

Sandy C said...

Beautiful Cards! Thanks for sharing!

Kailash said...

Fabulous card designs!