Friday, November 15, 2019

Ink to Paper November Mini Release {Season's Greetings}

Hello and welcome to the Ink to Paper November Mini Release! I've got a fun card to share with you tonight using a sampling of some of the products being released at 10 PM EST! This card was a joy to make and I'm thrilled to be adding it to my ever-growing stash of Christmas cards!

To begin this festive design, I cut a piece of Ripe Avocado cardstock to 4 inches by 5 1/4 inches and then used the new Border Bling: Tin Stitched die to give it that fabulous detail. Once that was done, I used my blender brush to add some Ripe Avocado ink to the perimeter for added depth. 

I set that aside and got to work on the foliage and pinecones from the Holiday Warmth stamp set. I always like to stamp more than I think I'll need so that I will have options when I get to the point of doing the actual arranging. This always gives me leftovers that I can use on tags or another project, which makes it quick since I have these ready to go.

I added a strip of plaid pattern paper that is from the Wonderland Patterned Paper Collection. I layered a piece of Weathervane cardstock that was die cut using the Basic Bookmark 3 die at an angle using foam squares.

I stamped the "Season's Greetings" sentiment, which is from the new Season's Greetings stamp set, in black onto a rectangle of Pure Poppy cardstock. I matted it onto a slightly larger white rectangle using a tape runner adhesive. Once that was done,I was able to start adding in the stamped images.

I added them here and there using foam squares for security and dimension. I also added some coarse crystal glitter using a 2 way glue pen. I love that I can just add it here and there for a natural and organic feel; just like it would if snow was falling onto the branches and berries.

I took a piece of post-it note paper and placed it over the sentiment so that I could add the white paint splatter. I used a fine tip paint brush so that I would get just a sprinkling rather than heavy globs.

I adhered the entire green panel to a top folding A2 card base using ScorTape for security. I also added the "to you and yours" portion of the sentiment directly over the greenery arrangement using additional foam squares.

The finishing touch is a trio of sparkling clear sequins here for sparkle and shine. I had so much fun working on this design; I'm usually working while the kids are at school, but I happened to make this while my family was downstairs watching a movie together so it felt nice to have a little company! Thanks for fluttering by~!

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! It’s nice that you had some “company “ while creating. Your card is perfection, with your layers & colors. And border! I always pick up a tip from your blog and I’m keeping in mind about the size of the paintbrush for splatters. It seems like common sense but since it’s not a technique I use a lot, I sure appreciated your instructions. To be more open about that, I think I’m afraid of ruining my project. Maybe some practice is in order. Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner? Enough yacking, I just wanted to stop by, say hello and thank you for your ALWAYS amazing posts! Hope you have a nice weekend! 😊

KIT Cbe said...

Great article. Couldn’t be write much better! Keep it up!