Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Ink to Paper November Create-a-thon Day 13

Well, we've made it to day 13 of the Ink to Paper November Create-a-thon! It's been so much fun revisiting so many of the fun stamps and dies that have been released over the last few months! I've been dying to use the Go-To Gift Card Holder: Snowman to create a felt ornament and this was the perfect excuse! I often find myself with too many ideas and not enough time to execute them, especially during release week, so I'm loving this month's Create-a-thon!

This little guy worked up so quickly, especially since I opted for machine stitching around the perimeter, rather than embroidery! To begin, I die cut two of the small snowman using Vintage Cream felt. I stitched around the perimeter leaving a 1 1/2 inch or so opening near the bottom right side, but made sure to add the loop at the top to hang on the tree and loop through the ribbon for a tag. The loop is just a length of Cream Cotton Baker's Twine which I secured with the machine stitching. Once that was done, I added the polyfiberfill to get him nice and plump. I finished stitching him up and got to work on the rest of his details.

The scarf is die cut using Aqua Mist felt and secured to the snowman using hot glue. I snipped the ends with some sharp scissors to give the scarf some fringe. I added the tag, which was die cut using the narrow tag from the Tag Creations Modern Gift die set, using hot glue as well. The sentiment is from the Just Sentiments: Be Merry stamp set and is stamped in black. I thought it was kindof a fun oxymoron for this frosty friend! ha ha!

I chose some red buttons from the Holiday Mix Vintage Buttons Collection and added those with hot glue as well. If you have extra time, you could sew them onto the snowman before you sew around the perimeter to give it additional homespun details. 

I added a snowflake embellishment to the side of the scarf as well for added interest. I opted to die cut the nose from Melon Berry felt to give it a softer look than the Orange Zest felt. The hat is die cut and added using hot glue as well. I used a holly embellishment to jazz up the hat. The eyes are two dots of Black Nuvo Drops which I carefully added.

As I mentioned earlier, this works up just as quickly as it would made out of paper, if not quicker. This makes a great alternative to a paper tag and will get plenty of joy as it hangs from the branches of a festive Christmas tree! Thanks for fluttering by!


3 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Kelly!! :0)

Christine said...

This is just darling! Some day, I would love to have an assortment of the proper felts to die cut and add to cards. And, oh, what fun it would be to stitch up some ornaments!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Wow, your snowman is awesome! All of the details make him a special ornament that would be cherished, year after year. I so appreciate you explaining the process. You always inspire me and in this case, my sewing machine is now calling. ( it’s been too long since I’ve used it & I miss it). Glad you had a chance to use up some of your older dies too! Thanks so much Kelly!! ⛄️😊