Friday, November 22, 2019

MFT & Friends {You are a FLURRY OF FUN}

Hello and welcome! This is my last post as a MFT "Friend" this month and I've had so much fun! I was so happy to see that the cute, new BB Snow Buddies stamp set have made it back in stock! This is a set that I haven't had a chance to use until now, so I was thrilled they were back!

I'm pretty much a fan of all of the Birdie Brown line of stamps and these cuties are no exception! I can't wait to make cards using this set all winter long! The sentiments are so fun and punny, just perfect for many of the kinds of cards I enjoy making!
I ended up by making two cards for today because these images are just too cute! To begin, I did some ink blending using Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink. I used the Masking Stencils that are on sale right now, AND are back in stock to create both the circle and rectangle backgrounds.  I used the Rectangle stencil set for this particular card.

Before I removed the stencils, I stamped the snowflake images, which are also from the Snow Buddies stamp set, ink white and Broken China Distress Oxide ink. I also spritzed it with Shimmer Spray and some white paint splatter to really set the snowy scene!

I set the backgrounds aside to dry and got to work stamping and coloring the different images that I planned on using. I used an assortment of alcohol markers in different cool shades; purple, pink, and blue.

Once I was done coloring these cuties, I die cut them using the BB Snow Buddies Die-namics. I added some clear tinsel glitter to the pom poms on the hats and then I used coarse glitter on the snowman to really enhance the frosty feeling! I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins using liquid glue. The entire panel is adhered to a top folding white card base using foam squares.
My second card uses the Circle stencil set and I did the ink blending the same way as in the previous card. 

I think I've mentioned before that I am afraid of dogs; like really bad, so this stamped dog is as close as I'd like to get! LOL! He is super cute and so much fun to color! I added some Crystal Glaze to the dog's nose for some realistic shine and fun detail.

I added some white polka dots to the girl's sweater for some added detail and interest. I forgot to mention that I also added some white details to the girl's puffy coat in the first card to really give it that realistic shine as well.

The snowdrifts on the fence line got a generous dusting of "glitter snow" using a 2 way glue pen as well as the tinsel glitter that is added to the girl's pom pom on her hat! These two cards were so much fun to make! I'm sad my month is over, but I will still be sharing lots more projects in the next little while using many more of this fabulous release! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

buzzn2scrap said...

Adorable cards ! Each so cute that they steal your heart! Love all the added extras like the tinsel glitter and using a white pen to add more details. Haven't tried the rectangle or circle stencils but now I will.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Your cards are so sweet and beautifully colored. I’ve had my eye on the masking stencils and would love to have them. Maybe Santa will visit. 😉 You’ve been so busy that I feel bad asking a question BUT If you have the time, could you share which brand tinsel glitter you used. ( yesterday I must have sprayed a fixative multiple times on some white glitter, for snow effects. There has to be a better product to work with!). Thank you Kelly! P.S. your cards, no matter the brand of stamps & dies, are truly beautiful! I hope I’ve expressed my gratitude enough for all your help. 😊❤️👏

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh, Stephanie! You're always so sweet! Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments! You're such a dear heart! I use a 2 way glue pen (one with a chisel end)from Zig and then sprinkle on the glitter. My Tinsel glitter is from Martha Stewart Crafts and I've had it for quite a few years so I don't know if Michael's still carries it.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi again, Thank you for your wonderful comments! 😊 I’d like to share something - there’s a multitude of designers out there and I’ve been touched by a few, with their kindness and comments. But, none like you. You are not only extremely talented but very generous at the same time. You write an amazing blog, help all of us with your crafting process & take the time to answer questions. You are an inspiration, in more ways than one. I’ve only learned by studying the words & works of artists like yourself. You Tube comes in handy once in a while. I’m in love with card making and that’s why your generosity and sweet nature has always meant so much. Thank goodness I have the support of my husband & family and that helps too. Anyhow, I just wanted you to know how special you are. Sincerely! Was I supposed to be taking about glitter? Whoops. Thanks for sharing the brand, Michaels often carries older Martha Stewart products, so I may try that or Amazon. Thanks again Kelly, I hope you have a great weekend. Oh & P.S. I’m so glad your cards made it thru the repairman debacle!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You've got me crying Stephanie!❤😭❤😭 what a sweetheart you are! Thank you for your kindness! You've touched my life for good!❤😘❤😘

blaze said...

Kelly, you take such ultimate care in choosing every single precise little detail of your creations, that I literally have to stare at them to take it all in. They are so cohesive in design that one glance is just so inadequate! Ha! I so appreciate ALL of your posts with ALL of the details. I ordered the stencils -- they look amazing!