Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Traveler's Journal {Adventure is calling and I must go}


***If you're here for my Reverse Confetti New Release Blog Hop post, please scroll down***
Welcome to my May Papertrey Ink Traveler's Journal post! I've been having so much fun putting this project together! This month is all about travel plans, itineraries, and documenting on the go! We've got a fun trip planned this month and I bet you can't get where we're going! (wink)
This project was created especially with the upcoming trip in mind! You can see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink Traveler's journal team created over on the PTI Blog. I love everyone's projects this month; so creative and inspiring!

I will be taking my journal with me on the trip, so I created the outercover using the Traveler's Journal: Outercover Die out of Dark Indigo cardstock. I love all of the word dies that are included in the outercover die set. I used them A TON for this project. The word  "adventure" on the cover, was die cut 4 times out of Ocean Tides cardstock and glued together using liquid glue. I added a layer of crystal glaze over the top, and you will see this a lot in my embellishments I created for my "on the go" kit.




 The die cuts from the outervcover  set match perfectly with the stamps from the Traveler's Journal: Adventure stamp set. I used the "is calling and I must go" sentiment embossed in gold to go underneath the "Adventure" die cut embellishment. I also embossed the "Let's go" circle image using gold powder and cut it with a circle punch. To create the focal image, I used the Scene It: Mountain View die. I cut the green tree portion 4 times and glued it together because it is very delicate and since it is for the cover, I needed it to be stable and able to withstand a little wear and tear. The stamped sentiment between the two trees is from the Petite Places: Happy Camper stamp set and is stamped using Versamark ink for a subtle detail. I just love how the cover came together!



We will be gone for 4 days, so I made cards for each day of the week we will be away. I used the Traveler's Journal: Bullet stamp set. I love all of the images included in this set because it allows you to use it for many different types of journals or planners. I used the days of the week, one of the lined images and a decorative image for the bottom. 

I will use these to write down the different places we go each day of the trip so I can document on the go! No need for my old brain to try and remember! You can also see a few of the ready to go embellishments I created to use on the completed journal.

Each day I would sit down and make a few things here and there and put them into a clear envelope. Now that I am finished, they are all put inside the outercover and tucked in a clear stamp storage envelope to take with me.

I also created an envelope using the Traveler's Journal: Envelope Die and a little card to slip inside with the sentiment "on the road again". I can use this for additional notes, or to put little pieces of memorabilia from the trip.

The arrow embellishment is one of the included dies in the envelope die set and I just love it! 


I decided on my color scheme and kept the entire project cohesive with these same colors. I got so excited for my trip while working on this project and it will be even more exciting to already have some documenting done while I am away! I hope you have found this project inspiring and informative! The team has lots of fun things planned for the months ahead and I can't wait to share them with you! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute idea and a very clean look!