Monday, May 7, 2018

Merry Monday #289 (Deck the Halls!)

***If you're here for my Countdown to Confetti post, please scroll down!***
It's been a busy few weeks and I'm feeling it! I'm counting down the days until school is out for summer! I got some much needed time out in the yard on Saturday and it made me yearn for lazy days with nothing to do but whatever we want!  
Well, enough rambling....Debbie has asked us to add a star to our cards for this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge! Stars and Christmas go hand in hand, but I really don't have that many stars. I knew that the "Star Prints" stamp set from Papertrey Ink could work and the patterns actually match the ones from some of the stockings from the "Stocking Prints"set. Unfortunately, they have both been retired, but they sure came in handy for today's design!

To begin, I die cut two windows using the Window Works Die set on a piece of 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inch Pure Poppy cardstock.  I chose two windows that would work nicely together AND that the stockings would fit inside of. I thought that they looked a little bit like ornaments hanging from a tree, so I added some silver metallic cord at the top of each window using some liquid glue.

I used the stocking pieces that have stars on them to fit into the theme. I used a combination of Pure Poppy Ink and Vintage Jadeite. I love how these look together for a vintage feel! I popped them up inside the windows using foam squares. The star is stamped in Pure Poppy as well as punched out using an old SU! star punch that fits perfectly.

I added some red Nuvo drops around the silver heat embossed sentiment, which is from the "Stocking Prints sentiment. I like how well the silver of the cord matches so perfectly with the silver sentiment. I also added a few Sparkling Clear sequins for some shine. It is always fun to see your cards in the gallery, so I hope you get a chance to play along! Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your card Kelly. The die cut windows with the stockings and the star look great and I love how you added the silver twine with the silver embossing. Great design.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card, Kelly! Just love the starry stockings in windows with the added star!! The metallic cord add the perfect touch!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea Kelly. Never think of things! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

You are brilliant Kelly...this design along with the stamps and dies makes for a fabulous card! Have a wonderful week! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Linda said...

Your card is awesome, Kelly. Love the design. Hope you have a great week.

Marcia Hill said...

Another delightful card Kelly! LOVE how you used the window dies like ornaments to hang your adorable little stocking from, and they're even complete with stars! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

Too cute, I love all the wonderful details.

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous, Kelly!!