Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Cheers, mate!

I'm up on the SugarPea Designs Blog today sharing this unexpected graduation card! My oldest son is graduating from High School and the graduation announcements have been rolling in. I knew that the London Scape SugarCut paired with the Chic Wishes stamp set could make something fun and a little different.

To begin, I sponged some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink onto a panel that had been die cut using the smaller Postage Stamp SugarCut. Once it was blended, I spritzed it with water as well as some shimmer spray for some shine. I also stamped a few of the stars included in the Chic Wishes stamp set at full strength above the skyline. While that was drying, I got to work on the skyline.

I die cut it twice out of black paper and then adhered it together using foam squares. I love creating dimension with these skyline sugarcuts. I showed some other ways during the release that are so fun, too! They are so versatile.

I love how the postage stamp SugarCut looks paired with the Diagonal Striped Coverplate. It really helps add to the postage vibe, I think! The "cheers, mate" sentiment is stamped in black onto the bottom of the blended piece.

You can really see the sparkle and shine from the shimmer spray in this photo. I also added a few sequins for some detail and added shine. Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: