Saturday, May 19, 2018

And they lived happily ever after!

Did you watch the royal wedding? I thought today would be a fitting time to share this wedding card! My cute and amazing nephew got married last weekend and I snuck a little bit of time to make them a wedding card! I decided to pull out some underutilized sets and one that I bought specifically to have for weddings, since previously I didn't own a single one. To begin, I die cut a piece of Strathmore 140 lb cold-pressed  watercolor paper using the Card Front Element Builder. I also cut the Ocean Tides piece as well using another one of the die cuts from that collection! I really love the extra detail that they give my designs.

The flowers are heat embossed using Gold embossing powder and are from the Clearly Besotted Floral Fancy stamp set. I also heat embossed the "and they lived happily ever after" and "Mr & Mrs" sentiment in gold and they are from the Clearly Besotted Happily Ever After stamp set. I used the floral image from this set for the bridal shower card and so I want to use the smaller version that is included in the Floral Fancy set for their wedding card. I watercolored the flowers and leaves using reinkers and an aquapainter.


The "happily ever after"sentiment is embossed onto a piece of Linen Vellum cardstock. I really like this particular variety because it is a little bit heavier and I am able to add adhesive behind it without it being too visible. I only added foam squares behind the gold embossing, so you can see the loose edge on the left side. 

I also used some gold paint and splattered some across the card front before adding the vellum. I also added a few gems from the "Recollections" collection from Michael's. Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Patti H. said...

Love this amazing card! Great colors & a divine design!

Anonymous said...

Stunning. So elegant! Love it.