Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Stock your Stash-Birthday Greetings

I'm super excited to be participating in my first "Stock Your Stash" challenge for Reverse Confetti! It is the new challenge that replaced the SFYTT challenge. You can read about it HERE and get your own card linked up in the gallery! I can't wait to see what you make! The purpose of this challenge is to get your stash filled up with all of the cards you like to send! This month's theme is "Birthday"!


The funny part about my card is that it won't even make it into my stash...I made it specifically for my son's teacher's birthday coming up in a few days! LOL! I used an unexpected combination, I feel, but it goes perfectly with some Bath and Body Works goodies that I got for her! I always love using the gift as inspiration! It also makes for a very cohesive looking presentation as well!

To begin, I stamped and heat embossed two of the floral images from the Tall Blooms stamp set. After they were heat set, I colored them using some Copic markers in soft colors. I really like how the Copic coloring looks paired with the gold embossing. You can see another card from the recent release using this same technique and a very similar feel HERE

I die cut the Diamond Stripe Confetti Cut out of Sand cardstock. This rivals Kraft cardstock and I might just be falling in love with it more and more each time I use it! I heat embossed the floral image onto the center square portion of the die cut using one of the amazing images from the Pattern Blocks stamp set. I knew right away that Tall Blooms and Pattern Blocks would be a match made in heaven! I die cut the center square portion twice since embossing warps the paper. It gave me a place to adhered the embossed piece nice and flat. I popped it up using foam squares for some added dimension.

I planned on making a 4 1/2 inch square card, but decided to keep that extra portion hanging down to heat emboss the sentiment. I also added a few self-adhesive gems for some additional detail and shine. I hope you get a chance to play this month and thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: