Thursday, May 10, 2018

I'm here for you!

I participated in the Layton's Legacy Blog Hop and NICU fundraiser/card drive on May 8th. I wanted to share the card I made for it. You can see the rest of the cards as well as more information on the SugarPea Designs Blog. It is something my fellow teamie, Lea Lawson has put together and is in honor of her angel baby, Layton. You can read more about that on her blog: Lea Lawson Creates


To begin, I colored two of these adorable raccoons from the Indian Summer stamp set using Copic markers. I added some Wink of Stella over the top and then die cut them with the coordinating Indian Summer Sugar Cuts. I thought they would look adorable with the Lantern SugarCut. I cut it twice and glued it together for a more stable piece. The inside portion I die cut out of white paper and then did some ink blending using Fine Linen Distress Oxide ink. It is spritzed with water and some Shimmer Spray.

I used the Diagonal Stripes Coverplate which is colored with Distress Ink as well. It didn't oxidize as much as I wanted, but I still like how it turned out. The "I'm here for you" sentiment is from the Heartfelt Sympathy stamp set. I love that there are so many sentiments included that aren't just for sympathy cards. I added a few sequins to finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!






6 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Aww Kelly, how sweet.

Anonymous said...

You do cute so cute!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!😊😊😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Teresa!

Cathy Lillie said...

Your card is so adorable! I love the lantern and the little raccoons! This is definitely going to bring a smile to the recipient.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate your sweet comment!