Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Challenge #93 {Everyone needs a friend like you}

Just popping in with this week's new design for The Challenge! It's keywords again, which I just really love! I hope you got a chance to play last time and that you're excited to play again this week! I realized something this week...my last three cards for the challenge have been YELLOW! How crazy is that?! I guess I just really like yellow! I also decided to use it because one of the keywords is Friendship and yellow roses are a symbol of friendship so I guess that just stuck in my brain.
                                          No automatic alt text available.   
 Anyway, you can check out all of the details HERE. If you'd like even more inspiration, you can see what the other designers have come up with as well.
For my card, I chose to use the Glorious Petals Stencil as well as some embossing paste and clear embossing powder for a fun effect. It is the same technique that I used on THIS card and I included a little bit of a tutorial if you are interested. Since one of the keywords is "monochromatic", I only used two shades of yellow! After it was all done, I die cut it using the largest circle nestabilities die that I have. The sentiment was heat embossed using gold powder onto a strip of vellum cardstock. I didn't want to hide the fabulous background that I created so I thought vellum would be a nice choice. A strip of thin gold washi tape underneath the sentiment adds a little bit of shine and a few more circles.




I punched out quite a few butterflies using an old Martha Stewart Crafts punch in three shades of yellow for contrast and interest. I adhered them onto the circle portion using liquid glue. I bent them in the middle first so that they would have a little bit of dimension.





The finishing touch was a trio of yellow rainbow sparkle jewels around the sentiment. I also couldn't resist making a coordinating envelope since I had a template in the perfect size. This sweet little card measures 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 I also created a liner for it as well in another yellow pattern. Everything looks so sunny and happy! I hope you get a chance to play! Thanks for fluttering by!

7 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

What a gorgeous card! I really look forward to seeing your creations each week.

Jackie said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the design.

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning...love the matching envelope!

Lucille K said...

Such a pretty card, love the color you used :)

Claire Broadwater said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Kelly! Love all that yellow! Such a happy card full of sunshine! XX

stampingbowd said...

So gorgeous!! I find that I often get stuck on a color and create several projects with the same color combo! When we like it, we like it! This is really gorgeous!! I love the texture and butterflies are always a winner!