Saturday, July 15, 2017

ALOHA!

 We've been spending A LOT of time at the water park! It's the only way to enjoy these scorching hot days and still be outside enjoying Summer! As we have been having fun, I have been equally inspired while we are there! Let's just say there is a sea of inspiration (pun totally intended! ha ha) While we were there the other day, there was a mom sitting on the side of the kiddie area where I was sitting watching my 3 year old. She had on a darling hat with pineapples across the front that said "Aloha". I wanted to make a card just like it! I sat and tried to discreetly look at the color pattern...I'm sure she thought I was a total creeper! After all that inspiration stalking, I couldn't remember the last color when I went to make the card! I actually didn't make the colors exactly the same anyway...I like my combination better. 

 To begin, I stamped out each of the different pineapple colors using the Some Like It Hot stamp set and then used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I spritzed each one with Shimmer Spray and let them dry. After that was done, I worked on die cutting the letters to spell A L O H A. I used a SUPER old Cuttlebug letter die cut collection called "Olivia". I think I have used it once, so I was happy to use it again and I think I'll use them again in the near future. 
 Each letter is stacked three times and glued together and then adhered to the stamped pineapple diecut. I also added a little bit of Wink of Stella to the tops of all of the letters for some added shine. You can see them all stacked here and a little bit of the sparkle on the pineapples and letters. 
 I adhered all of the pineapples onto a panel of Stamper's Select Cardstock that is cut to fit onto the navy card base. The card was specifically sized to fit into the handmade envelope that I made using some old Martha by Mail templates. These are the same envelopes that I used for THIS project. I used to create my own envelopes on a regular basis, but somehow fell out of the habit. It probably had something to do with crotchety old mail people and their lack of imagination and love for snail mail (which is completely ironic), but I don't want to get into that now! LOL! 
The envelope and liner were both traced onto coordinating pattern paper and then cut, folded and then adhered together. 

I couldn't resist adding just a few limited edition mermaid mix sequins to the front of the card as well. Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: