Sunday, July 23, 2017

Bonjour Birthday!


My darling, one and only daughter, turned 14 on Saturday! Where has the time gone?!? She's growing into such a lovely young woman! I made this card for her special day! I wanted to showcase these lovely pattern papers that I got for Mother's Day this year and it's been quite a while since I've done a card with paper medallions. They are so fun! I was also happy to pull out my super old "Paris gift tags" from Cavallini and Co. as well as the coordinating Paris stamp set. 

To begin, I cut a variety of different pattern papers into different widths. I used my Martha Stewart Score board to score each one along the entire length. I found that my scoring blade in my paper trimmer was scoring them too hard so they were tearing. Then I folded and glued them into medallions. I have a tutorial HERE if you're interested.



 I created a 5 1/4 inch card base and added some pattern paper on top. The medallions were glue into place using hot glue. I added the cute little "Paris" clock accent that I purchased HERE. They are always such a fun addition to cards like this. I added the aqua colored pre-printed tag as well, but I did stamp "Bonjour" using the coordinating stamp set to give it a little more interest. 




 I stamped the birthday sentiment onto a pre-made gold banner that I have had for years. They are always so nice to grab for a quick and easy embellishments. I chose to use a simple sentiment from the Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamp set. I didn't want it to detract from the overall feel of the card. 






I stamped the crown image onto a piece of patter paper and then punched it out using a circle punch and adhered it to the card. I tied the bow on the pre-made tag for a little bit of polish and that was it! Such a fun card and my daughter LOVED it! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Lisa Dolson said...

Beautiful card, Kelly! The colors are so pretty with the design and theme! Did you score every 1/4 in for your medallions?

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! Yes, I did score them every 1/4 inch.