Sunday, July 30, 2017

Color Throwdown #453 Done in Love


I fell in love with this week's fabulous and bright colors for the Color Throwdown Challenge! I couldn't help but play along! I created a card yesterday using the same Done in Love die but for today's card, I didn't incorporate the coordinating stamped images. I really wanted the watercolor wash background to be the focus.
                                               

To begin, I washed a piece of watercolor paper with a clean, wet brush and then began laying down layers of Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Pearl watercolors using the colors in the challenge. I tried to blend them as best as I could without creating any new colors that aren't part of the challenge. This made it a little bit difficult as well because I didn't want any harsh lines, but I think it turned out beautifully. Of course, I just had to run it through my cuttlebug because the pearl paints mixed with dry embossing=LOVE! You can see a few more examples of this HERE and HERE. I chose to use this particular one because it has the perfect mix of hearts and flowers, just like this incredible die.



I adhered the paper clipping to the watercolor panel using liquid glue. I thought it needed a little bit more sparkle and shine and I also wanted to bring in the challenge colors a little bit more so I added a few Rainbow Sparkle Jewels. I also just couldn't resist adding a little bit of sparkle to the quote by using my wink of stella brush. Such a few simple details but create amazing results.
I also created a fun, heart shaped sentiment on the inside. Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous blend of the throwdown color with this amazing background! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!