Friday, July 21, 2017

Discover the Beach

I feel Autumn cards on the horizon, so I will be using every chance I get to keep making summer designs! I was reminded of this fabulous retro beach stamp set by Tweety Jill after the newest Papertrey Ink release. I'm trying to be good and not buy anything so I was happy to pull this out and create a fun beach-y card. Also, the other day I received an unexpected envelope in the mail from Papertrey Ink. I quickly opened it up to discover a sheet of random dies that I hadn't ordered. On closer inspection, I realized that they were from the Post and Parcel Make it Market kit. I ordered it during the sale so I knew it wouldn't be complete, but it was such a fun surprise to get a few more of the dies for me to work with. It came with the fabulous postage looking piece I used for the focal image, which is similar to one of the newly released dies from PTI as well. 
To begin, I blended a bright rainbow pattern onto the die cut piece. I then used the stamping/stenciling with water technique that I used on THIS card. I chose to use just the side of the stencil rather than place the center of the stencil onto the center of the cardstock. I knew that it would be too busy for the look I was hoping to achieve. It turned out beautifully, with just the right amount of oxidation. After that was dry, I stamped the station wagon and postage image using Palette black ink.

After that comes the fun part; the collage type stamping! I used to design for TweetyJill's Idea Books and I got to do a lot of this type of thing...only more collage-y! LOL! It is one of my favorite styles and I haven't done it in quite a while. I noticed that Simon Says Stamp has a challenge doing just this sort of thing; I think I might just participate one of these days. Anyway...that was an unexpected tangent! So...I stamped the postage stamp image in coral ink onto the white panel as well as the lifeguard image using black ink. I chose to use the "seaside" definition image at the top for some balance.






I heat embossed the fabulously retro "discover the beach" sentiment using gold powder onto black cardstock. I just love how it turned out. I adhered it to the white panel with foam squares and cut it at an angle for a retro look. 
I quickly found my ancient stash of seashells that I knew I'd been saving for a day such as today! I adhered them to the card with Tombow Mono Multi adhesive. I added the entire white piece onto an A2 black card base for some added contrast and definition. Now...I think you may die of shock, but I left it at this...no sparkling clear sequins! LOL!!!! I had A LOT of fun on this design! Thanks for fluttering by! P.S. I'm headed to the water park again today so who knows what inspiration I'll come home with!😂😂😂

1 comment:

research paper service said...

This card art of yours is so unique and new for me. Love the touch of vintage vibe through modern recreation of a stamp. Definitely would try to recreate it.