Friday, May 19, 2017

With Sympathy

Unfortunately, amongst all of the celebrations, sadness has worked its way around this neck of the woods. I'm sending off a stack of sympathy cards, which I hope will bring a little bit of comfort and cheer!
I haven't had a chance to use Cloche Quarters: Spring Fillers yet, so I took the opportunity with these designs. They are cheerful in just the right way, I think. There is a sense of comfort that comes with things in nature.
I diecut all of the shapes to be able to experiment with each of them. It actually worked out well in the end so I could add little additions here and there. Each design uses different colors from the Chicken Scratch pattern paper collection. 

The different cloche arrangements are all adhered to Kraft card stock bases cut from the Mix and Mat : Scallops Die which is becoming a fast favorite. I am sad that the lace die cut will NOT cut when I put it through my Cuttlebug. I guess I'm going to have to call customer service. I took the easy road and just die cut the cloche images and didn't use the coordinating die to cut the inside outline. I think it looks just fine like this, especially if you're in a time crunch or mass producing.


I stamped the "With Sympathy" sentiment directly onto the card using Palette Black ink. It is from the ever-useful Mega Mixed Messages. I also used a fabulous old sentiment from SU!'s popular set "Close as a Memory" for the inside. Thanks for fluttering by! P.S. I'm currently working on a masculine graduation design.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet combination of papers and colors.