Sunday, May 28, 2017

A little bit of Sunshine

I'm sharing a quick shaker card today for a friend who was having a rough day. I'd just made some cookies so I thought I'd create a quick card to brighten her day.



I don't know about you, but some sparkle, shine, and chocolate are sure to lift anyone's spirits!



I was in quite a hurry because I had another appointment but I was happy I could sneak in a quick card. I had so much fun in the short time I had and now I have all kinds of ideas with this set running through my head. 
The sequins lay just below the sentiment which worked out nicely so it didn't hide the entire sentiment.
To begin, I cut a circle from the upper portion of some Buttercup card stock. I made a white cardbase as well. I used my embossing buddy to reduce the static on the card base.
I stamped the sentiment using Versamark ink directly in the center of the circle. I hadn't glued anything down at this point, I just payed it there for placement. I used white embossing powder and heat set it with my heat tool.
Once that was done, I blended some Hawaiian Shores ink over the sentiment.
I stamped the sunburst images onto the front of the yellow piece and then attached the acetate window with scoretape. I then added the foam strips.
I chose a few different sequins from the Shakers and Sprinkles kit. I also added a few Crystal clear sequins as well.

I added a few more sequins to the front for some added shine and detail. I also added a strip of glitter card stock to add some visual interest and proportion. Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this!