Sunday, May 21, 2017

Ticket to Adventure!

 I'm just loving this new Globe Greetings stamp set from Concord and 9th. I am back today sharing a more masculine design; a graduation card for my darling nephew. I made this card earlier this week with a feminine flair so it was fun to change it up. I can see me reaching for this set again and again. I really like some of the other sentiments included and I can't wait to use them for other occasions.


I used an old paper pad from PTI called "Road Trip". I bought it when my now 7 year old was three for his "UP" themed birthday party. It was perfect! I am glad I still have it because it is a natural choice when using this darling globe. I also took a trip down memory lane by using this super old "Congratulations" set from SU! (I can't even recall the name) as well as an old favorite;Just the Ticket and the coordinating dies.

 I heat embossed the globe stand using gold powder. Our globe growing up had a gold base and it totally brings back memories. My siblings and I would have great fun looking at it and of course, spinning it! I think my mom still has it, which is definitely a vintage treasure now!

I created a vintage looking tag as the backdrop for the focal image. I also stamped a few images from yet another old set from SU!;Stamp of Authenticity. It one that I will never part with. I used some hemp twine to tie at the top of the tag.
I did some machine stitching using a zig zag pattern at the bottom of the card for some detail and interest. A few gold sequins, which I debated adding to a masculine card, finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Love this masculine card!

Anonymous said...

Love this!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! It was fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!