Sunday, May 21, 2017

Ticket to Adventure!

 I'm just loving this new Globe Greetings stamp set from Concord and 9th. I am back today sharing a more masculine design; a graduation card for my darling nephew. I made this card earlier this week with a feminine flair so it was fun to change it up. I can see me reaching for this set again and again. I really like some of the other sentiments included and I can't wait to use them for other occasions.


I used an old paper pad from PTI called "Road Trip". I bought it when my now 7 year old was three for his "UP" themed birthday party. It was perfect! I am glad I still have it because it is a natural choice when using this darling globe. I also took a trip down memory lane by using this super old "Congratulations" set from SU! (I can't even recall the name) as well as an old favorite;Just the Ticket and the coordinating dies.

 I heat embossed the globe stand using gold powder. Our globe growing up had a gold base and it totally brings back memories. My siblings and I would have great fun looking at it and of course, spinning it! I think my mom still has it, which is definitely a vintage treasure now!

I created a vintage looking tag as the backdrop for the focal image. I also stamped a few images from yet another old set from SU!;Stamp of Authenticity. It one that I will never part with. I used some hemp twine to tie at the top of the tag.
I did some machine stitching using a zig zag pattern at the bottom of the card for some detail and interest. A few gold sequins, which I debated adding to a masculine card, finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Love this masculine card!

harrahx2 said...

Love this!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! It was fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!