Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Vintage Cherries {Sprinkle each day with Kindness}

You probably were wondering if you were ever going to see a card that truly fit in the "Vintage Cherries" description and actually had cherries on it! LOL! That being said, I do hope that you have been able to see how I have been inspired by the fabric and the overall feel I was going for. Of course I KNEW that I would be using this sweet cherry image from the oldie but goodie set "Everyday Button Bits". The sweet little yellow flower that is stamped next to the cherry leaves is from "Graceful Greetings". The blue fabric that I used at the top of the basket had a cherry bunch that boasted a yellow flower so I made the addition to my card as well. I really like the extra detail that it gives the card.





This particular design showcases quite a bit of vintage charm and homespun details that I really like. These cards have felt a little bit more like my vintage designs that I used to create on a regular basis. 


I knew that this particular design would showcase doilies and this particular nestabilities die. It really mirrors the doilies and patterns in the fabric. I stamped the cherry leaves in Simply Chartreuse ink and added the buttons from PTI. As I mentioned before, the yellow flower is from "Graceful Greetings". I added a little dot of brown ink to the center of the flower for extra detail and dimension.
I also created some felt ric rac from an older border die from PTI and machine stitched that down. The doily was folded in half. I really liked the contrast between the green paper and the white doily. 

The sentiment is from an old Verve set called "Filigree Fantasy" that I have had FOREVER, but it is one of my all-time favorites and I felt it needed to be showcased in this set. It is heat embossed with gold powder onto Kraft card stock. My favorite little detail is the ribbon and lace treatment. The ribbon was crinkled using my embossing gun. I really like how it sortof mimicks actual cherry leaves. The lace and red baker's twine are knotted and then hot glued on top of the knot of the ribbon.






The pattern paper on top is from a REALLY old paper pad and I have never found the right chance to use it. I thought it worked nicely with this design and helped tie in the quilt from the second card I posted. The one thing my daughter DID NOT like was the paper! Of course not! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

7 comments:

Tami McBeain said...

Love this, fun seeing some older stamp sets come back to life. That's always been one of my favs.

Cindy Otto said...

Love the card. I, also, have that ESP. So funny how similar our tastes and supplies are. What do they say, brilliant minds think alike? Love the set of cards. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cindy Otto said...

Not ESP, but DSP. Maybe we have ESP, too.😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks, Tami! It's one of mine, too!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Yes! Absolutely! I love having a kindred spirit!

Jeanne said...

So charming and delightful. I really like your style! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are just the sweetest, Kelly! Love the way you recreated the apple shape with the tag and ribbons!